Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

The problem is quite perplexing and there might not be a solution, but hopefully there is. 😮
    For some reason, at a browser window dimension of 1280×704, give or take 200 pixels, the text overflows out of the container.

The resizing does work perfectly at other dimensions such as 997×549.

The behavior lead me to believe that a problem exists in the way the container is handled by @media, an area of code I do not currently possess the skills to troubleshoot.

The situation appeared dire, until I saw this glimpse of hope.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_FMJT6pDco&feature=youtu.be
    0:02-0:04 Resizing window
    0:04-0:05 Text Resizes
    0:05-0:06 Text Overflow Error

Hmmmmm… :confused:

1. Ashampoo_Snap_2014.07.07_18h53m59s_001_
    2. Ashampoo_Snap_2014.07.07_18h57m53s_002_
    yangyangli Friend

I took another shot at fixing the problem myself once I got home. On my home computer with a QHD monitor (2560×1440), the website looks like this:

The picture I used to replace the default does not automatically resize. All I did was copy over the default so I don’t know what might be causing me issues.

1. Ashampoo_Snap_2014.07.07_22h02m51s_001_
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Did you solve this bug? I see it’s working fine on your site but you have to a little bit change in the css style

Open templates/ja_sugite/css/custom.css file and add new rule

.updown.active .ja-ss-desc {
    padding-left: 10px;
    padding-right: 10px
    }

yangyangli Friend

@ninja Lead
    Unfortunately, adding your text did not solve the issue, the problem still exists. The point I was trying to make in post #2 is that the issue only manifests within certain browser dimensions. For now, I’ve narrowed down the problem to a browser width of <700 if that helps.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Image dimension in post #2 is showing full but it still narrowed down, you try to fix it with css style below into custom.css file

.updown.active .ja-ss-sprite.first {
    top: 18%;
    }

yangyangli Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 435840 wrote:</em><blockquote>Image dimension in post #2 is showing full but it still narrowed down, you try to fix it with css style below into custom.css file

.updown.active .ja-ss-sprite.first {
    top: 18%;
    }

</blockquote>

The code did not solve the issue.

Please read the OP and watch the video I provided to understand the nature of the problem.

1. Ashampoo_Snap_2014.07.09_11h27m59s_001_
    yangyangli Friend

Also, could you tell me how to fix the image not resizing according to browser dimensions? In the demo, the image resized accordingly. See Post #:2 for image with annotation. Thanks!

yangyangli Friend

I fixed the bug myself. As I suspected, the issue was a result of misconfiguration of @media.
    Looking back on my OP statement, it seems I under estimated myself.
    <blockquote>The behavior lead me to believe that a problem exists in the way the container is handled by @media, an area of code I do not currently possess the skills to troubleshoot.</blockquote>

I would have arrived at the solution much sooner if I was modifying the correct files. However, instead of editing mod_jaslideshowlite_custom.css, I was editing mod_jaslideshowlite.css.
    Adjusting the font size in the following segment of code solved the issue.

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .ja-ss-desc {
    font-size: 18px;
    }
    }
    .ja-ss-desc h3 {
    font-size: 34px;
    font-weight: 300;
    line-height: 1.7;
    color: #ffffff
    } @media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .ja-ss-desc h3 {
    font-size: 34px;
    }
    }
    .ja-ss-desc .btn {
    margin-top: 0;
    } @media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .ja-ss-desc .btn {
    margin-top: 14px;
    }

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  yangyangli 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum