Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

How can comments be made even before an article is posted? Some as shown below were comments to have been “posted” a old as four weeks even before the article was posted.

I remember reading similar postings in earlier versions of Teline III. It persists in Teline III v1.3

I would be interested to know if others observe this too. And, if so, how to resolve it.

Thanks.

Cornelio

To observe this bug (error), please view:

Joomlart: Teline III Sandbox 500 (v1.3)

http://joomlart.bayanihan-saranay.org/1500/index.php

[Note: The Demo page was simplified drastically (many modules were unpublished or simplified) to improve page speed loading.]

If you examine the “Our World Today” section, new articles were added to the default articles in the Demo sample data, specifically in the following Categories:

1. Canada & United States
    2. Asia & Pacific
    3. Middle East

Note that the new articles were added yesterday (20091004) only; but as soon as the new article was posted, comments appeared immediately in

1. New Article 1 (added 20091004): UN praises Iranian ‘co-operation’
    2. => Two (2) comments two weeks and one week old on 20091004

3. New Article 2 (added 20091004): US economic power ‘is declining’
    4. => Eight (8) comments some two weeks old on 20091004

5. New Article 3 (added 20091004): Eight U.S. Soldiers Dead in Bold Attack in Afghanistan
    6. => Nine (9) comments some four weeks old, the latest was four days old ob 20091004

[Notes: Latest Addition is “New Article 1. Click title link to view article with comments.]

Cornelio

kalibs112 Friend

CGC0202….I am a newbie to this kind of thingie BUT I am wondering where you attempted to clear all the previous comments…because presumably you uploaded the QS – QuickStart – Version of the template and as such such old comments may lurk within….I am not sure about this, as I said I am no guru but just reckon that could be of help…just may be….thanks for you contribution bdw….

kalibs112 Friend

I am also wondering how one can set the default weather location in the JA Weather Module….coz I have set mine to Dublin Ireland But when I open the front end it shows either Leeds or Manchester UK…..what is going on here???

crazyleggs Friend

cgc0202,

You missed a step in the setup of commenting. If you look in the ja_comment plugin, you will see a license key already included. This is not your license key. You need to create a account on intensedebate and create your own license key. Check out the instructions for this in the stickies

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@kalibs112 147591 wrote:</em><blockquote>CGC0202….I am a newbie to this kind of thingie BUT I am wondering where you attempted to clear all the previous comments…because presumably you uploaded the QS – QuickStart – Version of the template and as such such old comments may lurk within….I am not sure about this, as I said I am no guru but just reckon that could be of help…just may be….thanks for you contribution bdw….</blockquote>

<em>@crazyleggs 147617 wrote:</em><blockquote>cgc0202,

You missed a step in the setup of commenting. If you look in the ja_comment plugin, you will see a license key already included. This is not your license key. You need to create a account on intensedebate and create your own license key. Check out the instructions for this in the stickies</blockquote>

kalibs and crazyleggs,

I am not surprised about the presence of Comments in the old articles.

I read the sticky actually. However, I have not created my own yet because the site I posted above is just a Sandbox (demo). But when one adds new articles (not in the QuickStart kit), how come the new article is populated immediately with new Comments?

Is observation I am getting — new articles added with old Comments — because the key I have in the Sandbox link is not a legitimate license?

Thanks for the tip though. I will set up my account and see if it will still observe the same problem. I will get back to you on this once I set up a separate key.

Have you tried it yourself, with unique license and not encountered the observation I pointed above?

<em>@kalibs112 147592 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am also wondering how one can set the default weather location in the JA Weather Module….coz I have set mine to Dublin Ireland But when I open the front end it shows either Leeds or Manchester UK…..what is going on here???</blockquote>

kalibs,

There is a separate thread for this. You should add this observation there:

JA Weather module and …wrong city

Based from the feature description of the Weather module, you are supposed to get the city where you are located.

Cornelio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum