Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Admin template bug (full version):

When create a new Quicklink, all existing Quicklinks revert to original created settings i.e.

All custom Quicklink titles, URLS and icons are removed and Quicklinks are reset to default settings.

This means that everytime a user creates a new Quicklink, they have to go back and update all their existing Quicklinks which is very frustrating and wastes a lot of time.

Please confirm how long it will take to fix this?

Thanks

straker75 Friend

If fixes are going to take a long time please infrom me

straker75 Friend

If fixes are going to take a long time please infrom me

Saguaros Moderator

@straker75

I just checked with the stable package to test new quick links but it works properly.

Did you update from old version of JA Admin template or just install this latest version?

If you upgrade from old version, pls make sure that you follow upgrade steps mentioned in our blog here: https://www.joomlart.com/blog/joomla-templates/joomla-admin-template-ja-admin-stable-version-released

In case that you just installed this stable version, pls take a backup of your site and provide the login info of your site e.x: URL + Admin account so I can have a look.

joshgilson Friend

I did a fresh, new install and am having the same issue.

Saguaros Moderator

You can update the URL, Super Admin account and FTP account of your site so I will have a look

P/s: put the credentials in your reply and set it as private reply.

joshgilson Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

When creating a new quicklink, make sure that you click the save button then save the changes. I just tried to create a new one on your site but see no issue.

If the issue still persists, you can illustrate via screenshots or record video.

joshgilson Friend

Saguaros, I just logged in and not only are the quick icons missing, but when I go to manage all the custom icon links reset before I could do anything, further proving the issue. Please advise.

Saguaros Moderator

As I mentioned in my last reply, could you illustrate the issue via screenshot / video record so I can replicate issue and help you out?

joshgilson Friend

OK! Here’s a screen record. You can see 3 issues after I mess around for a bit:
    VIDEO: http://youtu.be/QmfWnE6laGI?hd=1

1. The icons are missing completely in the dashboard, but I never removed it.

2. When I add a new link I have to put a "#" a real link won’t allow me to add/save the new item.

3. When I add the new link and save, it removes all the custom links from the other quick icons!
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the video. It seems to be an issue of template. I’ve passed to the team for fixing it via our bug tracking system: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JABACKEND-96

I also applied into your site by editing this file: templates/ja_admin/ja/quicklink.js

Underneath this line of code:
    $('li#'+datas.timeStamp).find('a.btn-edit-link').attr('data-title', datas.title);

Add this line:
    $('li#'+datas.timeStamp).find('a.btn-edit-link').attr('data-url', datas.url);

Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum