Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Greetings,

The IE6 Waring is cached and showing to everyone, including people with modern browsers; Also, the message is not translatable, because it is an image.

I was going to add a link, however when I clear the cache it goes away and appears somewhere else;

See attachment:

Thanks in advanced for your help,

1. Capture
    Manos Moderator

Hello,

I just visited your web site using FF/Chrome and IE 9 but i couldn’t see the issue, can you please confirm if this has been resolved for you?

Regards

jonasso Friend

Dear Pascm,

Well, the cache has been cleaned. I believe it only happens when the first user to view a page is using IE6 after the cached is cleaned;

How do I disable that message?

I’ve searched in Template parameters and in the JAT3 Plugin Options and found nothing.

Best regards,

Manos Moderator

Hi,

This is a Java Script that checks the headers send by the users browser but in some cases i have seen this happening when your server doesn’t support gzip and you have set the gzip on from template settings ( CSS and JS optimized and compressed) try to disable the compression to JS and i am sure it will stop from giving the fault error message, although i wasn’t able to reproduce this by visiting your website.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need help with.

Regards

jonasso Friend

This is continuing to happen… it goes away when I clean the cache.
    See IE6 Message when I’m using FF in Linux.

I want to keep compressing css and js files, so please provide another solution for this error.

PS: you will not be able to reproduce this error because I have cleaned the cache.

Best regards,

1. Screenshot-from-2012-06-28-093618
    Manos Moderator

<blockquote>i have seen this happening when your server doesn’t support gzip and you have set the gzip on from template settings</blockquote>

Hello, this is 99.99% the reason for this problem!
    Can you provide some information about your webserver specs ?

Regards

jonasso Friend

Dear Pascm,

GZip seems to be enabled, but I have attached the PHP info for you.

Best regards,

1. phpinfo.html_.zip
    Manos Moderator

Hi,

I have asked our dev’s to take a closer look on this one! Thank you for your patience and understanding.

jonasso Friend

Thanks. Let me know when you find a solution.

All the best,

jonasso Friend

Dear pascm,

If you cannot find a solution, can we disable this IE6 check feature?

Best regards,

Manos Moderator

Hello jonasso,

If you want to disable the IE Warning you will have to edit the JAT3 plugin, please let me know if you need further instructions about that!

Regards

jonasso Friend

Dear pascm,

Please provide instructions to remove this IE6 warning.

I believe this should be an option in the plugin or in template parameters/options;

Best regards,

Sherlock Friend

<em>@jonasso 328227 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear pascm,

Please provide instructions to remove this IE6 warning.

I believe this should be an option in the plugin or in template parameters/options;

Best regards,</blockquote>

Hi jonasso,

You can copy the file of pluginssystemjat3jat3base-themesdefaultpagedefault.php and paste it to the folder of templates/ja_methys/page (create the page folder if it’s not there) you then open the copied file look for this code and remove it
    [PHP]
    <?php if ($this->isIE6()) : ?>
    <?php $this->showBlock(‘ie6/ie6warning’) ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum