Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I’m using Teline 3 for a site.

In Opera the frontpage stalls loading with a blank page and in IE8 most of the styling for the frontpage is missing. With both browsers all the other pages load but some of the css styling is messed up.

I asked support and just got told its something I added causing it and the ticket was closed which I dont consider at all helpful.

I’m using popular and mainstream extensions only, it seems Teline 3 does not work with one of them, whereas I know they all work fine with other JA templates I have used them on, therefore.

Anyone else encountered an issue with any of these?

Intellispire Updater
    ALFcontact
    Extplorer
    SCHLU Eventlist
    JCE 1.5.7 and Plugin 1.5.4
    EZ Autos & Autosmap
    Jomsocial 1.2.206
    JoomlaXI Profiletypes
    Joomlastats
    Myblog
    K2 V2.1
    Mosets Tree V2.1.1
    YOS News Crawler
    Slick RSS
    Joomulus

ergohost Friend

Well I just tried out the developer tools in Opera and guess what, the first error was flagged at loading JA Weather and the second error was flagged at loading JA Stock.

Once those were disabled the front page loads relatively fine in Opera, the page loads mostly well in IE8 except for a total styling filure of the main menu and some formatting problems in EZ Autos and K2.

So thanks support for telling me its something I installed and closing the ticket, it seems the issue is not all of my causing >:(

ergohost Friend

Another problem, installing the authorlink plugin for Jomsocial breaks the built in author links in articles and when its enabled it fails to show the avatar image.

with EZ autos the main content area items lose their padding or margin spacing (fair enough this could be the component, havent checked yet.

With K2 the list formatting in things like the menu modules and comment modules etc. isnt right (dont know if this is K2 yet but it dosent happen on other templates I used it on in this manner).

ergohost Friend

Well a day ago I got another response saying it all looks fine including IE8 I must have fixed it.

I responded it is still not fine as the menu is most definately still broken in IE. A day later still no response.

zipper Friend

Do you have a live link so i can take a look?

ergohost Friend

http://www.autoaeterna.com

I’ve got it offline while its being worked on, I’ll pm you login details.

ergohost Friend

Another day and still no response from the tech who closed the ticket and then responded it looked fine and to whom I responded thats not true.

It is not fine. Also, I flagged this post needing attention of tech support and no response.

All of the components I’m using will be used on the template sooner or later, theyre commonly used components. I would have thought it would be to the advantage of techs to use the opportunity to investigate.

Im starting to find the way tech support here at JA behaves very lacking. Hung I think you need to pay close attention to the way some of your support techs are behaving towards customers.

Let me quote a super moderator here from this thread whose reply was in response to a question querying if modules should work with a JA template : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/adding-weather-and-stock-mods-from-rockettheme/

<blockquote>All the modules / components should work with any template irrespective of template or template from any group.

Conflicts if any are generally of the Java-scripts used and that would call for a fix, either from the component/ module developer or from the template developer.

Feel free to use the said modules and let us know.

Arvind</blockquote>

Why is it I was first told it was something I installed that I then proved was a problem with the template, then why was I told it looks fine I must have fixed it which is blatantly untrue, and why was my subsequent reply to the tech pointing out its a flaw with the template and could he please address the issue been unresponded for over two days.

Does no one else see whats wrong with this situation?

Phill Moderator

I’m looking at your site now in IE8 on one machine and IE7 on another and both look the same. It also looks good on FF to me.

When I first installed teline III I had a similar problem and found the fault to be with IE8 on my machine. Simply resetting IE8 to its default settings ( tools>internet options>advanced>reset ) fixed it. Not sure why but I have since tried this template on many IE8 machines and it has been fine.

If this is the case (and I am 80% sure it is) then the dev that answered your ticket was probably able to see your site perfectly well and so acted in all good faith.

If you would l like me to post a screenshot of how it looks on my IE8 I will but I doubt it will prove anything other than it works well.

ergohost Friend

Thanks for replying, I reset and its still got the knackered menu. Please post the screenshot, this is an infuriating matter I’d really like to get solved.

Personally I’m sick of IE8, I’ve switched to Opera 10 for the most things. Partly because its so much faster and partly because the built in Dragonfly dev tools are superb.

I uninstalled all java, used JavaRA to clear all traces, restarted and reinstalled JRE etc. restarted again and reset IE8, the menu is still broken.

ergohost Friend

Still not had a support response today, I’ll keep bumping this if I have to, and still no email response from Cao Hau.

I didnt purchase a developer licence for half arsed support and to be ignored. Honestly my membership is up for renewal in a month or so and I may well not be renewing, as far as I’m concerned the fee is as much for a high standard of support as it is for the products and the standards Ive come to expect elsewhere are not matched here.

Phill Moderator

My apologies for the delay in posting a screen grab of your site in IE8. As I said, it seems to work fine for me in IE8, 7 and FF.

1. autoaeternaie8
    ergohost Friend

Thanks Phil, JA should be paying you for supporting people 😀

This is bloody bizarre, myself and another I’ve had look still see the problem.

cgc0202 Friend

ergohost,

Have you tried using browser compatibility test sites? Not sure how reliable they are but it allows you to have an insight how your site would look using the different browsers as well as in different computers.

Cornelio

ergohost Friend

Ive sorted it, it was indeed something wrong with IE8, I did a complete reinstall and that ran all the updates in due course.

The problem seems twofold, firstly something I cannot identify exactly was wrong with IE8, it was not utilising compatability mode at all even though it seemed to be and further by the feel of it now some other things werent right. Also I dont think updates for it were either installing incorrectly or perhaps not at all, no idea why because they seemed to be installing ok previously due to windows update, Ive been working with all aspects of PC hardware and virtually all MS OS and associated software for near 20 years so I’m certain my PC is set about as good as it can be.

I will apologise for kicking up a fuss but I still think some members of support need to be more dilligent.

Thanks very much for those who took the time to assist, it is much appreciated and just goes to show what even a little time spent can help to achieve. 😮

Not sure about the compatability testing sites, in the past I’ve found such things to be unhelpful.

On the subject of IE and testing has anyone tried the IE collection? Someone has found a way to install pretty much all or any of the versions of IE you want side by side : http://finalbuilds.edskes.net/iecollection.htm

I havent tried it yet but I’m tempted.

gray Friend

I have the similar problem with Opera 10 and the weather module. Page loads (i can see the HTML), but is not shown on the screen (blank page)

What’s interesting, it seems that ONLY for specific IPs (module seems to look up for country by IP) this problem occurs.

I’ll try to find out more details on the issue and will post it here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  tvkham 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum