Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I got a small issue with breadcrumbs showing the wrong stuff.

For instance in the sample install I get the following when pressing “Read more” in an article:

Home – Technology – Personal Tech – Making Recycling Really Pay

This is working like it should.

I have added a new menu that works and looks ok, pointing to section and categories as it should, but I get a problem in the bread crumb:

For instance if I click on the top menu item called “Litteratur” the bread crumb looks like this:

Home – Litteratur (fine)

If I then chose “Read more” in one of the articles represented in fiction category it goes like this:

Home – Category Blog – Article Name (bad)

I wanted it to go like this:

Home – Litteratur – Fiction – Article Name

I have checked 10 times if the menu items are setup as in the sample install.

Any reason for this?

questbg Friend

Hi comcian

seems like some kind of mismatch between the category ID’s and what you have in the Magazine menu?

Do you have a live URL I can take a look at?

Thanks

comclan Friend

Sorry no live url…
    But I haven’t dived into the exact urls in the menu, perhaps they are poiting in a wrong direction…
    Will take a look – cheers!

wooohanetworks Friend

Have you checked all your entries in the parameter sections for articles and links, on the right side are some sliders that allow you to change parameters of the content. Maybe it comes due this.

comclan Friend

Double checked all over – tried to erase stuff and add new items etc…
    Same thing happens. But apparently it’s only happening to some categories.

Perhaps I should just save the new CSS files and images and do a re-install…

imsleepy Friend

Hello I have 2 problems with magazine menu in Teline 2.

1. Breadcrumbs for this menu show Home – Home – Item on all other menus just Home – Item. Why 2 Homes when clicked on from the Magazine Menu? I installed from quickstart and the demo content does this too.

2. I added a category in my content manager, but did not want or put the category on the Magazine menu. It is there and causing my menu to drop to a second line. I have trashed the menu link 5 times, but it keeps coming back up. I checked the menu trash and sure enough it is there 5 times. How do I make this menu item go away once and for all? As soon as I send it to the trash it reappears!

comclan Friend

There is a plugin that gets installed with Teline2 called “JAZin plugin” it is located under “plugins”. Disable that and you can control your menu as you would expect.

The plugin generates menu items based on categories and sections, but it’s not needed, so just un-publish it!

comclan Friend

Btw my problem kept arising, so in the end I just re-installed and added my custom CSS. Everything is back to normal.

imsleepy Friend

<em>@comclan 109451 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is a plugin that gets installed with Teline2 called “JAZin plugin” it is located under “plugins”. Disable that and you can control your menu as you would expect.

The plugin generates menu items based on categories and sections, but it’s not needed, so just un-publish it!</blockquote>

I feel a little dumb right now. I remember reading that someplace in one of the MANY instructions and forum posts I have read, but at the time, I wasn’t digesting that info since I was still in the early stages of figuring things out. :-[

Do you know anything about the Home – Home – Item issue from this menu? Sure wish it would just show Home – Item like the other menus.

Thanks! 😀

Oops… before I disable it, forgot to ask, does that JAZin plugin control anything else other than that menu? I have the JA News FP and the other JA News as well as that Magazine menu.

Thanks again.

comclan Friend

Don’t know about question 1, but in regards to the plugin I only think it controls the menu and nothing else. I have had zero problems disabling it.

imsleepy Friend

I think I figured out the issue with the Home – Home – Item thing. In the magazine menu I have some submenus under Home. Those are the only items that come up Home – Home – Item. The rest seem to be working fine.

Apparently the menu reads Home as a category even though I don’t have a category with that name so I get Home (home page) – Home (seen as a category but still displays home page) – Item (the submenu item). Weird, but I can live with it since those are the only ones doing it. As I said, the demo content did it too so I guess there is no fix for it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  imsleepy 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum