Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Where are you supposed to put breadcrumbs?
    I did not see this in any of the layouts.

TomC Moderator

I haven’t yet played around with Purity III yet, but I’m assuming there is a breadcrumbs position established – correct? If so, have you tried publishing and seeing where/how it displays?

rvillela Friend

That is the crux of the problem. There is no Breadcrumbs position established in any of the layouts.

farouche Friend

For example in the magazine layout Breadcrumbs module is placed in the navhelper position. There is a position called breadcrumbs but I don’t think it’s used…

rvillela Friend

Thanks for the response.

I did notice the “navhelper” position, but it is located at BELOW the content, which does not make much sense. Furthermore, there is a position called “masshead” above the content which could work, but it is NOT selectable from within the module. Also, the “masshead” position cannot be changed to another name like the “head-search” position.
    It does appear that this was a few oversights:
    1) Not providing a breadcrumbs section above the content
    2) Not allowing “masshead” to be changed to another name
    3) Not being able to select “masshead” position for a module

Maybe I am missing something?

Hieu Nguyen Admin

rvillela,

You can always move the “navhelper” above the content if you want. Just change it in your prefer layout. For example, in “layout/default.php”:

[PHP] <?php $this->loadBlock(‘header’) ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock(‘spotlight-1’) ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock(‘mainbody’) ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock(‘spotlight-2’) ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock(‘navhelper’) ?>

<?php $this->loadBlock(‘footer’) ?>[/PHP]

Just move the block to your desire position like this:

Also, you don’t have to always place Breadcrumbs above the content as long as your site provide a good navigation for the visitor. In Purity III, the big Blue Masshead will inform the visitors where they currently are in the site.

Just look at http://apple.com, they’re placing Breadcrumb at the bottom too, and some pages even don’t have Breadcrumb.

2) Not allowing “masshead” to be changed to another name and 3) Not being able to select “masshead” position for a module

Masshead in Purity 3 is a special block, which will do 2 things:

1. Provide an information of the page. You can set this information at the Menu Configuration in Joomla Administrator.
    or
    2. Display a “Masshead” module at “Masshead” module position. You can find this module at the Module Configuration in Joomla Administrator.

We believe this will give a user much more flexibility to develope their site using Purity III. You can explore Masshead HTML in “tpl/blocks/masshead.php”

More detail information on this will be updated in the Documentation. Stay tune! 🙂

rvillela Friend

Thank you, this is extremely helpful! 🙂

farouche Friend

You could also take look at the Video Tutorials covering Layout Configuration and Layout Customization of T3, here:

http://www.joomlart.com/video-tutorials

They were very helpful to give the basic overview of the structures….

rvillela Friend

Thanks for the info, I will definitely look up the video tutorial.

remaxutila Friend

I had a similar problem and discovered a different solution.
    The solution is posted here Enabling the Breadcrumb Module Position

smartmax Friend

I have a similar problem, although I see the BREADCRUMBS position to choose from, it doesn’t show on the front(?)

http://www.sanders.nl/NIEUW/

1. Schermafbeelding-2014-06-13-om-17.02.15
    remaxutila Friend

<em>@smartmax 432162 wrote:</em><blockquote>although I see the BREADCRUMBS position to choose from, it doesn’t show on the front(?)]</blockquote>
    This is because a module position for breadcrumbs
    <position>breadcrumbs</position>
    is included in …/templates/purity_iii/templateDetails.xml, but there is no …/templates/purity_iii/tpls/blocks/breadcrumbs.php file or any styles defined for class=breadcrumbs

My solution Enabling the Breadcrumb Module Position creates a module position named ‘breadcrumb’ (not breadcrumbs)

I choose to use a module position named ‘breadcrumb’ because CSS styles for class=breadcrumb are defined in the various LESS and CSS files included with the Purity iii template installation.

ebugrafik Friend

please can you provide complete path of the file default.php. I have many folders named layout but I don’t manage to see the file default.php.

I just ofund this file and the same string in the folder:

purity_iiitplsdefault.php

But it doesn’t afeect on the on line template visualization

sorry!!!!

<em>@Hieu Nguyen 409753 wrote:</em><blockquote>rvillela,

You can always move the “navhelper” above the content if you want. Just change it in your prefer layout. For example, in “layout/default.php”:

Just move the block to your desire position like this:

Also, you don’t have to always place Breadcrumbs above the content as long as your site provide a good navigation for the visitor. In Purity III, the big Blue Masshead will inform the visitors where they currently are in the site.

Just look at http://apple.com, they’re placing Breadcrumb at the bottom too, and some pages even don’t have Breadcrumb.

2) Not allowing “masshead” to be changed to another name and 3) Not being able to select “masshead” position for a module

Masshead in Purity 3 is a special block, which will do 2 things:

1. Provide an information of the page. You can set this information at the Menu Configuration in Joomla Administrator.
    or
    2. Display a “Masshead” module at “Masshead” module position. You can find this module at the Module Configuration in Joomla Administrator.

We believe this will give a user much more flexibility to develope their site using Purity III. You can explore Masshead HTML in “tpl/blocks/masshead.php”

More detail information on this will be updated in the Documentation. Stay tune! :)</blockquote>

remaxutila Friend

<em>@ebugrafik 456358 wrote:</em><blockquote>please can you provide complete path of the file default.php. I have many folders named layout but I don’t manage to see the file default.php.

I just ofund this file and the same string in the folder:

purity_iiitplsdefault.php

But it doesn’t afeect on the on line template visualization

sorry!!!!</blockquote>

You need to make the changes to MyJoomlaSite/templates/purity_iii/tpls/LAYOUTNAME.php
    where LAYOUTNAME is the name of the layout you have configured in
    Joomla! -> Extensions -> Template Manager ->Purity_iii Template Style -> Layout -> Position & Responsive Configuration

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  remaxutila 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum