Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I want to display a module without borders. Is there a ready made suffix for that purpose or do I need to modify the code? Please advise, thanks

aman204 Friend

You can add this at end of template.css file::

#ja-wrapper .moduletableborderless{border:0 none;}

and then use borderless suffix for specific module

Suffix addition tutorial::

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/module-class-suffix-styles-basic-to-enhance-your-modules-2/

Paul Wallen Friend

<em>@aman204 217918 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can add this at end of template.css file::

#ja-wrapper .moduletableborderless{border:0 none;}

and then use borderless suffix for specific module

Suffix addition tutorial::

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/module-class-suffix-styles-basic-to-enhance-your-modules-2/</blockquote>

This doesn’t work for me to remove the border around a module. I tried some different variations of it and I still can’t get a module suffix to remove the border around a module. Any other specific ideas? thank you

aman204 Friend

<em>@paulwallen 239234 wrote:</em><blockquote>This doesn’t work for me to remove the border around a module. I tried some different variations of it and I still can’t get a module suffix to remove the border around a module. Any other specific ideas? thank you</blockquote>

Can you provide a link to your site and also, Please provide in screenshot of specific module where you have applied this suffix to

Paul Wallen Friend

Here is the link: http://thebeacon.net/2011/

I want to be able to remove the border and padding in the “sl1-r” and “colmass” at least.

Thank you for your help.

1. screenshot
    aman204 Friend

<em>@paulwallen 239343 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here is the link: http://thebeacon.net/2011/

I want to be able to remove the border and padding in the “sl1-r” and “colmass” at least.

Thank you for your help.</blockquote>

The module suffix doesnt seem to be added to specific module as suggested in post earlier

Please view screenshot which illustrates as to where you have to enter the desired suffix. In this case, borderless

1. suffix-4
    Paul Wallen Friend

<em>@aman204 239462 wrote:</em><blockquote>The module suffix doesnt seem to be added to specific module as suggested in post earlier

Please view screenshot which illustrates as to where you have to enter the desired suffix. In this case, borderless</blockquote>

I understand that part and I’ve done that a million times. The problem is the correct code in the template.css to make that active.

aman204 Friend

<em>@paulwallen 239538 wrote:</em><blockquote>I understand that part and I’ve done that a million times. The problem is the correct code in the template.css to make that active.</blockquote>

The above code will surely work. Please ensure for following steps::

1) Ensure to have css file writable where the code has been added
    2) Try to disable css compression to troubleshoot
    3) Please dont leave any gaps while entering module class suffix

Hope this helps 🙂

Paul Wallen Friend

<em>@aman204 239737 wrote:</em><blockquote>The above code will surely work. Please ensure for following steps::

1) Ensure to have css file writable where the code has been added
    2) Try to disable css compression to troubleshoot
    3) Please dont leave any gaps while entering module class suffix

Hope this helps :)</blockquote>

Ok. I tried that again and checked those things and still cannot remove the border and background color behind the module.

thesportsjury Friend

I have the same problem for “sl1-r” and “colmass”. The code works for most of the module positions, just not the aforementioned ones.

thangnn1510 Friend

@paulwallen: I no longer see border at your 2 positions now. Did you fix it?
    @thesportsjury: Could you give us the link?

Paul Wallen Friend

Here’s what I used and it seems to work in the sl1-r position, put it at the end of template.css:

#ja-topsl1 .ja-box .moduletable-nostyle{
    border: none !important;
    background: none !important;
    padding: 0 !important;
    margin: 0 !important;
    }

Then -nostyle in the module suffix

My problem is that this still does not get rid of the padding and margin around the modules. I haven’t figured out how to get rid of that yet.
    It would be nice if one of the Joomlart template designers could tell us quickly since they would know exactly.

thangnn1510 Friend

Please try add more this:

#ja-topsl1 .ja-box .moduletable-nostyle .ja-box-ct{
    }

That will help.

marcelloth Friend

Please

I need this solution for the position “right-2”. A module without border.

I have added this to template.css

#ja-right2 .ja-box .moduletable-nostyle {
    }

but not “funfou” rs (in portuguese)

Phill Moderator

Please post a link to your site and also make sure css optimization is set to “No” in the template manager.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  khartoumgateway 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum