Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’m putting together a Topaz site and I get a this error:

In the body, I frontpaged a single article and it is pushed to the right, leaving a big white space on the left.

Any ideas what’s going on?

Thanks!

1. example
    nguyenhuu quang Friend

send your demo site, allow us to help you

abarneto Friend
    jooleimon Friend

<em>@abarneto 126767 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m putting together a Topaz site and I get a this error:

In the body, I frontpaged a single article and it is pushed to the right, leaving a big white space on the left.

Any ideas what’s going on?

Thanks!</blockquote>
    I’m seeing the same too,in my trial site. The slide show module on top of the frontpage articles is fine, and the ja_news part is ok, but there is no frontpage module/plugin to handle the frontpage so it is all messed up with large empty space on the left and articles bunched up on the right.

In your intro to the template, it is stated that “As a result, we just use single JA News module 1.3.1 to dispose articles sorted by sections or categories in JA Topaz homepage, default layout alike JA News front-page is no longer in place as it is now handled by overwritten com_content.”

So where i com_content, and how to we use it instead of a frontpage module (as in Teline II ?)

jooleimon

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Not sure if this is the fix, but you can give it a try:

Take backup and open your template.css on line 277

<blockquote>#ja-contentheading

.article-block {
    float:right;
    width: 40%;
    }</blockquote>

Change 40 % to 100%

Please let us know if it helps.

regards

arvind

jooleimon Friend

No. What the change does is to have each news item in one column take up all the space on the main body. It does not have the structure shown on the demo, which is what I want and expect.

nguyenhuu quang Friend

open template.css (line 277)

#ja-contentheading .article-block {
    width:40%;
    }

replace

}

Css Magician Friend

<em>@quang268 127002 wrote:</em><blockquote>open template.css (line 277)

width:40%;
    }

replace

}

</blockquote>

Hi all,
    It has problem because hasn’t Leading.
    You login administrator, Menu- Mainmenu- Home, change Leading: 0 to Leading: 1.
    Or I have ideas : in templatesja_topazhtmlcom_contentfrontpagedefault.php, line 27, you should change : [PHP]
    <div class=”article-block”>
    [/PHP]
    to [PHP]
    <div class=”article-block” style=”<?php if($rowcount<1) { echo ‘width:100%’; } ?>”>
    [/PHP]

It is very well when your site have leading or not

jooleimon Friend

It has problem because hasn’t Leading.
    You login administrator, Menu- Mainmenu- Home, change Leading: 0 to Leading: 1.

Thank you for the instructions. But Leading was always set to 1 so this was not relevant in this case.

<div class=”article-block” style=”<?php if($rowcount<1) { echo ‘width:100%’; } ?>”>

Modified the code to the above suggestion. The slide module + frontpage disappeared.

Any ideas ?

jooleimon

renegades Friend

Has anyone solved this just yet? I’m having the same problem.
    Thanks.

bossies Friend

I have a work around that will work if your front page is static information and not like a blog

create a new menu item of type article and select your article that you would like to be your home page. Call the menu item home. Then make the new menu item “Home” default and then unpublish the original Home-Frontpage

Hope this helps

omar_ali Friend

I’m having the same problem.

You think you buy a template you’ll get the darn thing that works!

What’s the REAL solution to this EVIDENT problem?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  omar_ali 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum