Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I bought the easyblog component, and i was trying to install it, so I could work on it like your documentation says.

But intalling a component wasn’t working. Before I come here to speak with you, I saw that there was an update of Joomla to 3.8. And I thought it was a good ideia, and see if after that I could do the component installation.

But in the end of the update the frontpage and the backend is all blank.

Please can you help me with that?

Best Regards.

After create this post I made some changes in my configuration.php:

Changed this line: public $error_reporting = ‘maximum’;

Add this ones in the end:
    ini_set(‘display_errors’,true);
    error_reporting( E_ALL );

And know instead of a blank page I see the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JApplicationSite::isClient() in /home/sjtextei/novo.sjtexteis.pt/plugins/system/logout/logout.php on line 48

But what to do with this?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  danielcruzsj.
    danielcruzsj Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Phill Moderator

To know what is causing the error you will need to check the servers error logs. This should give you more information as to what is causing the problem. It is likely to be an extension incompatible with J3.8

There is however a way back. You can downgrade by uploading via ftp a full installation package of whatever version of joomlart you were using before the update. This should overwrite all the j3.8 files restoring you to that version. From there you can find out what extensions are incompatible with J3.8

Before you do al” this, take backups

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  Phill.
    danielcruzsj Friend

Hi,

I put a backup from yesterday, because my host have the last 7 days. πŸ™‚

But now, how can I know which extension is having problems before goig again for the update?

But most important is why I can’t install plugins? In atachment is a screenshot that shows the plugin – Installing from a file – blocked?

Best Regards

1. 01
    Phill Moderator

I have just installed the JA Social Feed plugin successfully on your site so it seem there is no issue installing plugins. If you would like to upload whatever you are trying to install somewhere as a zip I will download it and see if I can install it for you.

As an aside, there is a great tool called Akeeba Backup which will automatically take a backup of your site whenever you do an update. This will allow you to restore very quickly should an update fail like it did for you.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  Phill.
    danielcruzsj Friend

Hi,

You are correct.

I try now a gallery and it works, but the easyblog don’t.

http://novo.sjtexteis.pt/images/plugins/com_easyblog_pro_5.1.8.zip

Phill Moderator

You have in your PHP.ini file a setting that only allows 8mb files to be uploaded. As the Easyblog package is 12mb this explains your problem. How to rectify this does to some extent depend on your hosting. However if you look at the "Warnings" tab in your extensions manager it does give you an option which may or may not work.

Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).

The maximum file size for uploads is set to less than 8MB which may impact on uploading large packages. 
    danielcruzsj Friend

Hi,

You are correct. It’s not easy to the hosts make that change.

I made the installation by the folder.

Thank you very much for the help.

Best Regards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  danielcruzsj 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum