Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’m installing the template in a localhost environment and I’m getting a blank screen whenever I navage to localhost/template_name/installation. I’m farly new to web development. Any help would be appreicated.

pavit Moderator

Hi there

It is pratically impossible to answer to your question , there could be many reasons why you are having such problem but it is impossible for us to debug your problem since you are on localhost,

I can suggest to verify all php settings and enable from backend report setting to maximum , also verify T3 Framework plugin is enabled.

Bigmacman Friend

Well , I managed to install lamp correctly . I’ve uploaded the quick start file into /var/www/html . . .
    It’s just when I go to localhost/template_name/installation.index.php , I get a blank screen.

pavit Moderator

It’s just when I go to localhost/template_name/installation.index.php , I get a blank screen.

Then i think there is a configuration problem on your lamp
    quickstart url should be localhost/folder name where you extracted quickstart package/
    so if you extracted your quickstart into a folder below htdocs named joomla then url should be
    localhost/joomla

no installation.index.php

Bigmacman Friend

When I go to localhost /template_name ( localhost/jatc_megastore ) apache redirects me to localhost/jatc_megastore/installation/index.php. And the screen in blank. Which is unpacked at /var/www/html/jatc_megastore.

When I unpacked the theme in /var/www/, I get and error message similar to this. "The requested URL /jatc_megastore was not found on this server."

The apache , php and mysql are all working correctly. I’ve even install wordpress.

pavit Moderator

The apache , php and mysql are all working correctly. I’ve even install wordpress.

Hi

This is a localhost configuration problem – it has nothing to do with the template itself – so you should verify that your quickstart files are all extracted in the correct way – maybe you can try to download again files

I tested quickstart on my xampp installation and it worked fine.

we cannot debug your lamp configuration , so would be better if you can try to extract quickstart on a public host and verify it again.

Bigmacman Friend

Yes , I’ve tried but I’m still having problems. I would really like to get this problem solved , if you find any fix for this problem please contact me.

Thanks

pavit Moderator

I would really like to get this problem solved , if you find any fix for this problem please contact me.

I don’t know how to help you , since you are on localhost and i cannot access it to debug your files.

I can only recommend to test quickstart installation on a public server from where we can access and debug it if problems should eventually arise.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum