Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi I’ve just upgraded JA Events to 3.2.0 but I now have a blank page in the frontend and can’t get in the backend either

The error message I get is this:

Fatal error: Call to protected method JApplicationSite::route() from context ” in /var/www/vhosts/mackaypioneerkindergarten.org.au/httpdocs/joomla/index.php on line 46

Any ideas?

Thanks

TomC Moderator

Did you remember to backup your site before you started the upgrade process ??

In the future, the following is a process you may want to consider prior to updating/upgrading your template and/or extensions . . . Understanding Template Overrides in Joomla[/url]

phong nam Friend

Hi imatilda,

It will be great when you did take a backup of site before upgrading as Tom said, so you can roll back to version J3.1.5 of template. Because, at this time JA Events template is not compatible completely with Joomla 3.2 and our developers have been working to upgrade it to new Joomla 3.2.

However, other T3v2 templates (Mixmaz, Univeristy, Teline IV) will be prioritized to check and upgrade to Joomla 3.2 so that the J3.2 update of JA Events template may be available later. But, we still do hope that those T3 template updates will be released at the same time within a major update.

Leon Cuzzilla Friend

Yes I did back it up and have successfully restored back to version 3.1. Is the template actually ready for version 3.2.0 yet as the documentation for it suggests otherwise?

phong nam Friend

Hi imatilda,

I have already replied your concern in detail above. Can you check it out ?

Leon Cuzzilla Friend

Thanks yes I did read the documentation you listed. Do you mean that incorrect overrides have caused the upgrade to fail? I don’t think I have changed any core files, would only normally have added new modules positions and a custom.css file to override template.css.

My restore backup worked all but the Component > Contact Enhanced which throws an error when I click into a contact to make changes –

An error has occurred.
    500 JHtmlBootstrap::startTabSet not found.

Any ideas how I can fix this please?

phong nam Friend

Hi,

<blockquote>Do you mean that incorrect overrides have caused the upgrade to fail? Is the template actually ready for version 3.2.0 yet as the documentation for it suggests otherwise? </blockquote>

Joomla changes dramatically the template/content control and Boostrap integration in new 3.2 update that it causes the incompatibility with the template runs on Joomla 3.2.5.

In the meantime, I regret to say that our JA Events template is not compatible with this new Joomla 3.2 update. But, dont worry, our template devs have been working to finish the update of the T3v2 templates (including JA Events) as soon as possible.

<blockquote>An error has occurred. 500 JHtmlBootstrap::startTabSet not found.</blockquote>
    This is a Joomla 3.x error that you can refer this thread to solve it. Remember to clear JAT3 cache after updating any changes.

Leon Cuzzilla Friend

Thanks for explaining that it makes sense now. I’ll look forward to the upgrade. I did already try the bit of extra php to the libraries/cms/html/bootstrap.php, which has stopped the code appearing but now the page within the contact component has lost it’s css and I can’t save anything on it. I have emailed the developer of the component to see if they can throw any light on it but if it’s something you’ve come across before and happen to know why I’d be grateful for your knowledge. Many thanks.

1. Screen-Shot-2013-12-08-at-10.05.37-AM
    phong nam Friend

Hi imatilda,

It can be the compatibility of your installed contact component with Joomla 3.2 update. I do hope that component developers can check and give you the better solution in this case.

Regards,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum