Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Two months ago I have installed JAiv theme. I liked the way it looked a lot and I was pleased to join your community.

However I could not imagine in my thoughts that throughout two months I was going to have such a hassle. I have been hosting five sites, but I yet didn’t experience such a horror.

During two months something constantly breaks, I submit tickets, you repair, and after some time something breaks again. After the last update of a theme I’ve got a problem with 4 modules… (And it is only that I have found so far).

At present time I have 2 tickets open, one more has been closed, and the problem has not been solved, the only thing I have informed about is that a problem might be with caching and the technician has disabled all important functions, as Optimize CSS, Optimize JS and my site’s cache in global configuration.
    Because of disabling these functions my site began to work even more slowly.

Guys, please do something, repair, reinstall, but make sure all works well. How much more time should I spend to get all work as it is supposed to? So far I have only 130 articles posted at my site and what will it be when there is 3000 articles?

It is a pity that I have wasted 2 months of my hard work, and it cost me a lot of nerves, disappointment and frustration, because in addition to all this I have been spending a lot of hours searching for similar to mine problems at the forum.

Every morning I experience a new surprise with a theme. Yesterday users registration worked fine and today I am getting a registration error again, despite the fact there was a ticket and registration problem was already fixed.

I am using MAC and I would not anticipate any problems introduced by ftp client during the theme installation.

1. View Ticket: #IEI-220-73478
    Articles-Category ID in Ja tabs does not work
    “If Articles-Category ID selected, you can input list of Category IDs into textbox Category ID. All articles which have inputted category ID will be displayed in tabs.”

2. Ticket: #FYT-415-87397 After I installed JA News Frontpage Module and theme update module JA News Frontpage Module stopped working.
    I understand that in demo, in position R-1 (in both Profile Selection and Theme Selection) “sidebar” has been chosen.
    I choose from Select Categories the list of categories that I need. Then i set the number of articles to 4:
    Number of Featured Articles-4
    Max Chars of Featured Articles -10
    Max Chars of Normal Frontpage -Artcile-60
    As a result there is only one article shows on my web site and in addition it is not from the category that I have set.
    Before update this part was working fine.

3. Ticket: #ZXW-671-85933
    After the update template JA iv, I am having troubles trying to use JA Content Slider Module module.

4. Users are not able to get registered and they get an error message.

I will be very grateful, if you please solve all my problems.
    Thank you

1. Untitled36
    2. Untitled37
    3. Untitled38
    korb Friend

Hi,

FOR LAYOUT BREAKS:
    1. Please make sure that you clear the cache everytime you change something in the CSS files or other files.
    2. Please make sure that you clear the cache after you have disabled the CSS & JS Compression options in template administration panel.

For module not working / not showing up
    After installing another template and setting it as default, you must also reassign modules to new positions according to the new template positions. Almost all JA templates use same positions like left, right, but also specific position names. That is why you can have a look at the template positions, watch this video to see how

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzbqpbOQaGQ
    For any T3 Framework Templates issues, please take some time and check the resources in my signature.

About user registration issues
    You may use one of our QuickStart installation packs witch was buggy, issue that was reported and fixed. Now it might be impossible for us to track your issue.

These days all Asia celebrate new Lunar Year, so the support is limited, developers will be available later for advanced support. Thank you for understanding.

Hope this was helpful.

Regards,
    Danny

nataliia Friend

hi korb!
    Thanks for your recommendations but naturally I have been doing all that you suggest. i have spent many hours surfing the forum, trying to sort out my problems, I already know it contest by heart, and not only my own problems, but also other people problems too, that as it turned out quite a lot.

Also I downloaded and installed quick- start pack on subdomain again as you suggested.The theme installed well, everything worked up until I added my own sections, categories, and 3 of my articles. Then JA News Frontpage has immediately disappeared, and the only thing I did in the CONTENT SETTINGS is that I have added the name of the section. JA News Frontpage simply does not see these articles. JA News Frontpage simply disappeared. What are your thoughts about this matter?

Thank you.

coalition Friend

There is definately a problem with caching in Teline iv 1.2.4. For my site, I have noticed that there are now two t3 folders in the main cache folder. One is named simply, “t3” and the other is named “t3-assets.” I actually have had to manually delete my main cache folder using cpanel (much too often) in order to keep my site running. I also have a similar problem with JA News Frontpage, as natalia describes above, so there is definately a problem. There are many times that deleting my caches from within the Joomla Admin that returns an “Unable to delete file a5238tqihs8i594yww49.ph, or .php.expire.” Those files always reside within the “t3” folder, not the “t3-assets folder.” I reviewed file permissions in the main cache folder and sub-folders there, and all “appears” to be as it should be, but something’s definately wrong.

Joomlart, please fix this issue. This same issue shows up on several different host servers / accounts, as well as my local MAMP Pro, so I’m convinced this issue is somewhere within the framework.

Regards,

Walt.

korb Friend

Thank you both for reporting.
    This issue was forwarded to development.

Regards,
    Danny

nataliia Friend

Hi guys,

I think I found a problem with the module JA News Frontpage. I accidentally discovered a pattern.
    For example, there are modules JA News Frontpage and mod_janewsproare on the main page . There are sections: 1,2,3,4,5,6 (where the articles are) have been assigned in module mod_janewspro in “Select Categories”. In the module JA News Frontpage sections 1,2,3,4,5,6 have been assigned too. However, the module JA News Frontpage does not appear on the page, for some reason it simply does not show up.

If you delete sections in module mod_janewspro (in Select Categories), for example 5 and 6, module JA News Frontpage appears on page immediately and it shows only the articles corresponding to sections 5 and 6.
    It looks to me that there is a conflict between two modules on the page.
    Please pay attention to this, since most likely this is a key to the whole problem.

Nataliia

coalition Friend

Thanks for that Natalia! 🙂

I took a look, and tried it, and you’re right.

I tried to assign different module class suffix, but that didn’t work for me.

I guess we’ll just have to wait until these problems are fixed, but if something doesn’t hapen soon, I may have to rebuild using a rockettheme package, which I do not want to do.

Walt.

nataliia Friend

Hi coalition! I hope , it will help you too 🙂

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-news-frontpage-module-mod_janews_fp/)

Sherlock Friend

Dear nataliia,

The ja new frontpage only displays articles which are set frontpage so please make sure you have got set fontpage articles.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum