Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi there,
    I have a big problem using the plugin JA Tooltips
    I contacted the technical support and the cannot help me… so I hope somebody here can…
    So the problem is that the JA Tooltips is making a bug using IE7…
    I use this example:

{jatooltips hidewhen=”mouseout” pos=”center-top” offsety=”1″} Curabitur lacinia Nulla Pede odio Aenean leo enim Quisque porta vitae mauris laoreet ante. felis cursus leo congue Curabitur platea. Ipsum Praesent {/jatooltips}

when the page is downloaded in IE7 the browser says “error cannot open this page”.
    This not happens the first time you download the page, it happens third or fourth time you download the page.

Please if somebody can help me…

nguyenhuu quang Friend

I think it is javascript conflic
    it is Big problem
    thanks

edd Friend

Thanks for your reply, but what can I do? what is the solution to this?

thank you

nguyenhuu quang Friend

send your live site??

edd Friend

It seems there is no solution to this?…

thering Friend

I’ve gotten this error before. Check out this post, it worked for me!

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=342572

theprofessor Friend

I like this quote at the end of that thread.

“Or you can do as Microsoft suggest and persuade your users to upgrade to IE8 or just use Firefox!”

Microsoft should just get out of the browser business. Unfortunately, 65.5% of internet users still use Internet Explorer (as per ‘Net Application Statistics’ for May 2009) and their launching of IE8 is really to me a pain in the ass because it means that more IE users will upgrade to that than will get on with it and switch to Firefox.

And then there’s the new Google Chrome, which I certainly expect will eventually take a run at both IE and Firefox. Another pain in the ass in my opinion…just another browser to have to test sites on. Chrome uses a yet a different javascript engine from Firefox and IE…yippee!!

Lastly, if nothing else, I just wish idiots using IE6 as a browser would get over it. I personally am not adjusting my sites for viewers using IE6. If they can’t upgrade to a better browser…so be it.

IE7 is not much better than IE6. Garbage browser. Ie8 is much better, but really…Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari are all several years ahead of the anvil that any version of IE is that it isn’t even close.

It really sucks that web developers have to hack around to make sites work in IE browsers.

Just make sure you are getting paid for your extra work.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  theprofessor 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum