Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

What’s the best way to update my previous Purity II installaton to the new 1.1 template?

Do I install the new files over the old files? Use the template installer (but I get an error saying the template is already installed).

Thanks for any tips.

Bobbytuck

jaybrd1 Friend

I just copied over the old files, then made sure chmod the proper permissions. Seemed quite simple as I have no errors.

smithers Friend

Hi

for migration to stable version, i’ve used the tool windiff.exe from Windows 2003 Server support tools. First i made a compare between original beta source and my modified template. Wrote down the name from the files i’ve made changes in notepad. next step i made a compare between beta and stable version and checked which of my changed files in beta version also changed in stable version. finaly i’ve merged the changes from stable version to my changed beta files. i just had to modify 6 files. i’ve done it in 45 minutes.

korb Friend

On upgrade it is important to see changes, and maybe a file changelog like in Virtuemart development portal.

Best thing I recommand is: use anything that will show you differences in files (Windiff, Winmerge, BeyondCompare, and others). you should also check for new files and deleted files, so for this you need a folder compare functionality.

Simple patching the old one could be tricky as sometimes ftp clients fail, or anything else happends with your customisations….

Hope I gave a clear start for newbies.
    Danny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  korb 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum