Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a Joomla site that was built with sample data from the Quick Start files etc.
    I am looking for a quick way to rebuild the site without having to use ftp etc. to reload the Quick Start files.
    I can’t uninstall Joomla and I am wondering if dropping the database will let me run the install again.

TIA.

TomC Moderator

If you’re going to drop your database and reinstall the template using the quickstart + sample data process, then you’re essentially starting from scratch anyway. Why would you not remove the entire install and go from there? (As you know, the quickstart installs Joomla as part of the process).

mgl908 Friend

Usually, I drop the DB, delete all the files and upload via ftp and I am just trying to find out if there is a better way.
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by ‘remove the entire install?’

Thanks

TomC Moderator

First I need to know exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish.

Are you simply trying to start from scratch again?

mgl908 Friend

Yes. Trying out different things with a template.

TomC Moderator

<em>@mgl908 379248 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes. Trying out different things with a template.</blockquote>
    Well, my recommendation would be to wipe the entire slate clean – including your database – and start from scratch with a fresh install using the quickstart + sample data installation process.

mgl908 Friend

Thanks, just trying to avoid loading the Quick Start files via FTP each time I do this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mgl908 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum