Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

First off, thanks very much for this extension – so far it’s quite impressive.

I got a test site working fine with Bing translations. My question is what is the best way to proceed with managing site content, such as articles, AFTER the initial translations are in place? The documentation ends after all the initial setup.

I did some testing and if I make edits to a translated article, then make changes to the original article and run the translator again, I see that only the updated article is translated again (which is good for efficiency) but it overwrites the changes I made to the translated article. In many cases that’s probably fine, but…

What happens if I setup a site and get all the languages in place, but later the client edits some translated articles and then adds some new articles for translation? When the translator is run, it’ll take care of the new articles, but then all their edits to the translated ones are reset back to the Bing translated version. All their edits would be gone.

Perhaps there could be a way to ‘lock’ some articles so they’re not overwritten?

Thanks,

Magestyx

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

<blockquote>I see that only the updated article is translated again (which is good for efficiency) but it overwrites the changes I made to the translated article.</blockquote>

Please test again, JA Multilingual only translates new items now, not update articles that translated before.
    Because as the same the point you said, if we re-translate updated articles, it can overrides the changes that you made to the translated articles. So we did not apply this feature for JA Multilingual.

<blockquote>Perhaps there could be a way to ‘lock’ some articles so they’re not overwritten?</blockquote>
    Thank you for your suggestion, I will raised this issue to our dev team to add a new feature to “translate updated articles but ignore somes”.

I have created issue on our issue tracker system, you can check its status here
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECLANG-45

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum