Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I was trying out the banner ads. The demo ones were showing just fine. They were png. I don’t have a live url but I can tell you exactly what I did and didn’t do.

1. Deleted demo banner ads. Did not delete demo category or client.

2. Created new category and client.

3. Uploaded banner to banner folder in images.

4. Added new banner in Components > Banners > Banners

5. Nothing appears.

6. Added a second banner.

7. Nothing appears.

8. Thought maybe banner was too big or image extension might be wrong type. Demo was 445×60 and .png. Mine are 445×160 and .jpg

9. Created new banner for demo banner. Placed that back in it’s original category and client where it had been working before I deleted it.

10. Nothing appears.

11. Cleared cashe and whatnot on computer.

12. Nothing appears.

I have not changed any scripting in any files. It is all original. Since even demo is not displaying after I made a new banner for it in Components > Banners > Banners there is obviously something I have missed, but I can’t imagine what it is. Each banner has a url to point to and the size is entered. The image shows in the banner preview for that banner so I know I have the correct one selected, but not on the site on ANY page including front page.

Hopefully someone can point me to whatever silly little thing I have missed. I have never used a banner rotator of any kind in the past and so I am assuming there has to be something I am not doing right.

Thanks.

cjmicro Friend

Did you choose the new image in the banner area? If you are using the same clients that were there, open the client

step 1 is to create the category
    step 2 is to create a client
    step 3 is to add a banner for a client
    – in the banners area you have to check show banner=yes, choose category and client, then select the image (already uploaded to banners folder), there is a drop down with the files available, t hen save.

then in your banner module make sure you have that category selected OR just leave it as “select a client” and it will rotate all, and be sure the module is published.

Hope that helps.
    Cheryl

imsleepy Friend

I knew it had to be some simple, yet important step I was missing! I could have easily spent the next week going over it and over it again! I searched the forum for over an hour before I made the post for help. Couldn’t find a thing… of course, it helps if you know just WHAT you are looking for.

I did steps 1, 2, 3 over and over. Thought I had everything covered. The banner module was published, but I never bothered to actually open it to see if there was somthing in there figuring that since the demo banner wasn’t working either, it certainly couldn’t be the module. 😮

Well, it was. I didn’t select category and client for the new ones I made in the component. So many things in Joomla are dependant on other things…. I WILL get the hang of all this. A whopping 30 seconds and all was perfect after reading your post. It took me longer to type this than to fix the problem LOL. It’s all so easy once someone points out how easy it is… 😮

Thanks so much…. again and again and again… 😀

cjmicro Friend

I’m very glad I could be of help. Believe me I can say “been there done that!!”

Good luck,
    Cheryl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cjmicro 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum