Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Some time ago, I decided to stop using the JA extension manager component since it really messed up my website. The only template I use from JoomlArt is Teline IV, and honestly, sometimes I wonder what the heck is going on. Is someone hacking JA’s update systems, or what?

I am now showing TWO teline IV templates in my admin panel, and the entire site has been messed up for awhile. http://www.national-coalition.net

There are ocassions that ja_extension manager updates list as beta releases, and sometimes, it appears as though the updates are actually very old editions somewhere on JA’s directory.

I am very disappointed about my teline IV installation being corrupted by JA’s own systems, and I’m not sure what I will do from this point forward. The latest releases for joomla have all been too similar, and rather than offering new templates on a categorical level, you all seem to be more enthrawled with the “iPad, or Tabelt” layouts than anything else. There hasn’t been a great deal of diversity offered lately, which is causing me to question whether or not I will renew this year.

I am extremely upset about my teline IV being corrupted like it has been, so I may have to search for another template to use where updates do not wreck a nice website.

Walt.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi coalition,

Would need further checking to detect problem on your site, please give me permission to access your site, I shall try to help you out. Currently, I cannot access your site, I’m always noticed with:

<blockquote>
    403: Access Forbidden

Your country (GB) has been blacklisted.
    </blockquote>

I tried to install this JA TelineIV template version 2.5.0 along with JAEM and try to upgrade it to version 2.5.1 and 2.5.2. However, it works properly.

coalition Friend

That’s interesting. I had RS Firewall installed, and I think that may have created that problem. It may even be responsible for the inability / problems with JA’s Extension Manager. Thank you for the heads up.

Walt.

Manos Moderator

That’s interesting indeed that’s what i got also :
    <blockquote> 403: Access Forbidden Your country (GR) has been blacklisted.

</blockquote>

coalition Friend

<em>@pascm 350183 wrote:</em><blockquote>That’s interesting indeed that’s what i got also :</blockquote>

Please try again? I eliminated the country blocking, so you should be able to access the site. I forgot that I had set those prameters up because of all the spamming attempts. Sorry about that.

Many thanks in advance.

Walt.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi coalition,

Pls send me PM with admin and FTP account, I need a closer look to check this problem.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi @coalition,

As I can see from your backend site >JA Extension Manager, your site is using latest version of JA TelineIV template

How did you update this template? If you update via JAEM, it should have a backup but I don’t see it

<blockquote>the entire site has been messed up for awhile.</blockquote>

and how can I see this issue since I can’t reproduce the same error now.

1. 12-20-2012-9-44-32-AM
    coalition Friend

You can see the issues by going to the “joomla” Discover and Updates tabs in the admin panel.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi,

When i check updates of joomla, it returns:

JA Animation module for Joomla 2.5,
    JA K2 Filter Module for J25 & J30,
    JA System Social Feed Plugin,
    JA System Social Plugin for Joomla 2.5,
    JA T3v2 System Plugin for J25 & J30,
    JA Toppanel Module for Joomla 2.5

These are not the last version. Please update it by JAEM. You can’t upgrade by joomla update (which is used for free extensions only), our extensions are commercial.

After updating via JAEM, go to administrator ->Extension -> Extension Manager -> Manager > Select all extensions and refresh cache then go to admin->extension manager -> update (tab) > choose “Purge Cache” then “Find Updates”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MoonSailor 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum