Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m using tables with background images in my content but the background images are not shown on the page. Any ideas?

Version: Joomla 1.5.8

Best regards,

Carlos

SP Media Friend

Check the link to the image, get it from your source code and see if you can navigate to it. Also is it a repeating background? Many times, using rep-y instead of rep-x causes problems.

Linky/template would be useful. 🙂

jbgorg Friend

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have checked the link and I can navigate and see the images. This happened after I changed the title parameter of the article (hide=yes). This is the link: http://jbg.org.ec/es/donaciones but I’m still trying to fix it, maybe you cannot see what i mean.

jbgorg Friend

when I use background images in html tables, the images are not shown in production site. Somebody knows how to solve this? For the momento I have had to use a wrapper linking a html page to avoid this error.

jbgorg Friend

I found out the problem!. I had to deactivate the “system legacy plugin” from Joomla. When I did that My home page got a error message: “restricted page” so I proceed to uninstall all the unnecessary modules and plugins compatible with the earlier version of joomla (1.0.x) . When you use “system legacy plugin” this function is not compatible withe SEF system of joomla 1.5.X that’s why my background images didn’t show in tables.

That solved the background images lost in tables.

markb1439 Friend

Just curious…why are you using tables? The trend now is to avoid tables like the plague and use divs instead.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  markb1439 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum