Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello

I am using Uber template and I have been trying to add a background image to a custom html module, using the "JA extra field" tab, but the picture doesn’t show. It’s like the module cannot "read" the instruction to load the image, just as if I hadn’t selected one at all.
    Can you advise on this please?

Thank you!

Giulia

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Giulia,

There are 2 ways you can follow in this case:

1. User default option for background image of Custom HTML module: in the `Options’ tab of this module, you can set background image there: http://prntscr.com/9n2bds

2. If you want to set via JA Extra Fields option:
      • Go to file: ROOT/templates/uber/etc/form/mod_custom.xml
    • Add additional fields for background:

<field name="module-background" type="media" default="" label="TPL_MENU_ITEM_MODULE_BACKGROUND_LABEL" description="TPL_MENU_ITEM_MODULE_BACKGROUND_DESC" ></field>
      <field name="module-background-size" type="text" default="cover" label="TPL_MENU_ITEM_MODULE_BACKGROUNDSIZE_LABEL" description="TPL_MENU_ITEM_MODULE_BACKGROUNDSIZE_DESC" ></field>
      <field name="module-background-position" type="text" default="center center" label="TPL_MENU_ITEM_MODULE_BACKGROUNDPO_LABEL" description="TPL_MENU_ITEM_MODULE_BACKGROUNDPO_DESC" ></field>

it will look like this: http://prntscr.com/9n2bs5

• Override the Custom HTML module by creating this directory: ROOT/templates/uber/html/mod_custom

• Copy the file: ROOT/modules/mod_custom/tmpl/default.php

and paste into ROOT/templates/uber/html/mod_custom/ you just created above

• Open that file: ROOT/templates/uber/html/mod_custom/default.php

change:

<div class="custom<?php echo $moduleclass_sfx ?>" <?php if ($params->get('backgroundimage')) : ?> style="background-image:url(<?php echo $params->get('backgroundimage');?>)"<?php endif;?> >
        <?php echo $module->content;?>
    </div>

To:

<div class="custom<?php echo $moduleclass_sfx ?>" <?php if ($params->get('module-background')) : ?> style="background-image:url(<?php echo $params->get('module-background');?>)"<?php endif;?> >
        <?php echo $module->content;?>
    </div>

Then you can add background image via JA Extra Field tab.

Hope this helps.

juls_m Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

You can send me URL, Admin and FTP account of your site via your post and SET IT AS PRIVATE reply (only Moderators and Staff can see it)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum