Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’ve plugged a background image into the template configuration, as depicted in the documentation, but it’s not showing on the site, no matter what I do.

I’ve tried clearing cache, etc, nothing works.

Please help me diagnose the problem and get this fixed. Thanks!

This site IS unusual in that I’m in the middle of using the site migration tool, Migrate Me Plus, to get this site migrated from J2.5, but that shouldn’t affect the background in the template configuration. The site at this URL *is* Joomla 3, and Playmag is working perfectly in all other regards.

Thanks for your speedy assistance.

Matt

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Would you mind provide me some screenshot about your issue. It would help me easier and faster to find out down your issue.

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

synapsis Friend

Sorry, Viet Vu… I normally would have, but it’s just a missing site background… currently a light gray color, rather than the image I’ve put into the template configuration. The body background is missing. It’s not present. Just go to the URL I provided and it should be plain as day what I’m talking about.

Matt

synapsis Friend

BUMP. Still need help here.

jooservices Friend

<em>@synapsis 448212 wrote:</em><blockquote>BUMP. Still need help here.</blockquote>

Hi there, Good morning
    Let me try to inspect your site config. I’ll update you as soon as possible 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Just want to inform that i’m still working on your issue, just bit slow down because power issue at my town 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there,
    Please try to apply this css

body .t3-wrapper: {
    background: #f2f2f2 /* Provide your background image URL here */
    }

Here is screenshot with sample code

http://armedresistancegaming.com/main/mmp_upgrade/templates/ja_playmag/images/slide-mask.png

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

synapsis Friend

Um, that “screenshot” is not a screenshot at all. That’s the slide mask image for the slideshow. Are you purposely messing with me? Starting to feel like it.

Adding custom.css isn’t a valid solution to this problem. This particular template has a background selector (and randomizer) feature in it, which isn’t working. Please find me someone who will take my problem seriously.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Synapsis,

As the administrative credentials you provided are no longer working (can’t login to actually see) – it would appear you have selected the DEFAULT template styling that only comes with a background color – not an image.

For instance in our Playmag Demo: the background is exactly as yours #f2f2f2
    http://ja-playmag.demo.joomlart.com/

However – switching the DEMO to the GREEN theme – then the background is an image:
    http://ja-playmag.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en/colors/green-color

Your background image appears to be in the correct place –
    http://armedresistancegaming.com/main/mmp_upgrade/images/joomlart/background/body-bg.jpg

– it is just not being called by a layout style that includes one.

Hope this helps.
    Have fun!

John.

Manos Moderator

Seems there’s an error on your site but I can’t debug the issue because you also have JS and CSS optimization to on and that doesn’t help.

On our demo the path is correct ->

<div class="t3-wrapper" style="background: url('/images/joomlart/background/body-bg.jpg') no-repeat fixed 0 0 / 100% 100% transparent;">

On your site that path doesn’t exist ->

<div class="t3-wrapper" style="background: url(" images="" joomlart="" background="" body-bg.jpg")="" no-repeat="" fixed="" 0="" 100%="" transparent;"="">

synapsis Friend

<em>@jwbrett 448549 wrote:</em><blockquote>

As the administrative credentials you provided are no longer working (can’t login to actually see) – it would appear you have selected the DEFAULT template styling that only comes with a background color – not an image.

For instance in our Playmag Demo: the background is exactly as yours #f2f2f2
    http://ja-playmag.demo.joomlart.com/

However – switching the DEMO to the GREEN theme – then the background is an image:
    http://ja-playmag.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en/colors/green-color

Your background image appears to be in the correct place –
    http://armedresistancegaming.com/main/mmp_upgrade/images/joomlart/background/body-bg.jpg

– it is just not being called by a layout style that includes one.

Hope this helps.
    </blockquote>

That *does* explain why the background isn’t working. But unfortunately, now I’m not sure how to fix it either. When I installed the quickstart for the template, it only installed the default template — not the different color variants — so am I now simply unable to add the background switcher feature? or can I install the variants somehow and add the background switcher activity? Or should I simply hack the default to add this somehow? Your further input is most welcome.

Hearing that I should start over on customizing the template I’ve already put so much work into would be VERY frustrating, so I hope you can help me get the default one functioning with a background. The randomizing feature would be nice, but is not essential.

A custom.css solution would suffice for now, I suppose… or will it? Because if the default template doesn’t call for it, or there’s something wrong with my path for the background image, as @pascm is suggesting, then I’m in a bit of a pickle. Maybe you two can put your heads together and sort out the best solution for me?

I do appreciate that you’ve both come to my assistance on this. Thanks for helping me find a solution. @pascm, the site should be in Development Mode, so the JS and CSS optimization SAYS it’s off. Could you please check again? Remember, the site credentials and source code you should be looking at are for the Joomla installation within the /main/mmp_upgrade/ directories only. As soon as I get that installation working the way I want it, Migrate Me Plus will move the /mmp_upgrade install to the /main directory, making it the primary site. So perhaps you were looking at the wrong install?

Thanks again for your help.
    Matt

synapsis Friend

Still wanting your advice on how to apply a background to the default — rather than start over with a color variant? Or is that really what I’ve gotta do?

If so, please indicate this in your documentation. Putting the background setting in the docs, but not having it applicable to the default template is not intuitive nor well-explained.

Matt

Ninja Lead Moderator

Look at the screenshot to check from your site

and you can try with this workaround:

– Open templates/ja_playmag/css/custom.css file and add new rule

.t3-wrapper {
    background: red ;
    position: relative;
    left: 0;
    z-index: 99;
    -webkit-transition: -webkit-transform 0.5s;
    transition: transform 0.5s;
    overflow: visible;
    }

– Change the background as you wish.

1. background_color
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum