Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to get a background image to do what I want. The image is 1100×627 in size. When I use COVER as the background the image becomes too large and I loose some top/bottom % of image. Other choices leave bars, etc. I suspect there is an ideal image size to use? What is the correct dimensions of the background image so that it completely fills the section without bars or becoming too large?

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

May I know which part on your site has the background you’re mentioning?

support@aa Friend

The background image in the 2nd and 3rd section (counting header as the 1st section). But the question applies to any background image…

Saguaros Moderator

Did you try with 2000×600 size?

support@aa Friend

2000×600 makes the problem even worse! Now the image is Gigantic and I loose half the image! What is the maximum size image dimensions? I even tried to go the other way and put the file in smaller, no difference. I’ve tried every combination of cover, auto, %, etc and nothing works well. I need instructions on how to control an image so I get to see more of the image without it being either teeny tiny, or gigantic.

What dimension makes this work the best for a photo like we are doing…?

And when I look at this page on mobile, its really ugly…(see attached screenshot of phone)

Help?

1. imlscreenshot.pdf
    Saguaros Moderator

With this kind of background, it would be hard as the image will be cropped anyway.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum