Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I was able to change my background color… but I still have a gray boarder around the main body of the page. Can you please tell me how to update those images. I cannot find the images anywhere or the code to update the color.5336

1. 1
    nguyenhuu quang Friend

Pls send Live site. I can check it for you
    thanks

marielathey Friend

Hi- I am testing this loaclly- so there is no “live site” to send. Please take a look at the horozontal grey strip in the image (to the right of the main body and before the green background) can you identify where those are for me- so I can edit them? Are they images or color in the css? I am not finding it anywhere.

nguyenhuu quang Friend

cant check Css via images.
    pls contact me, i can check it on your localhost
    thanks

shelsoker Friend

Hello Marielthey just made something similar and the solution I found was to change the 679 line template.css in the code as follows:

.main {
    background: in this line assigns the gray edge image, delete it and leave it blank;
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 980px;

Like this:

.main {
    background:;
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 980px;

Grumpster Friend

Deleting the background image from the CSS doesn’t really solve the problem because you lose the drop shadow.

Normally, when we want to change the background color, we open the source file, change the background color, then “Save for web” (Photoshop) or “Export” (Fireworks). If the source file has been setup correctly, we will get the exact images we need, all properly named, and we can upload the changed files and move on.

Unfortunately, it seems, with the Topaz source PSD file, the mainwrap-bg.gif, mainwrap-top.gif, and mainwrap-bot.gif have not been created in the slices. For example, the mainwrap-bg.gif image is 980-pixels wide and 1-pixel high, but it is not amongst the slices. Nor is the -top.gif or -bot.gif variations. Even if these slices were there, what would they be named? I ask this because when I do export the entire source file, the slices that are there are not properly named at all. Here are the names of the slices I got when I exported the file:

bullet.jpg
    icon-icq.jpg
    icon-msn.jpg
    icon-skype.jpg
    icon-yahoo.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_01.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_02.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_04.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_05.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_06.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_08.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_09.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_10.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_12.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_13.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_14.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_16.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_17.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_18.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_20.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_21.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_23.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_25.jpg
    Layout_Topaz_FullSource_27.jpg
    logo.jpg
    sam-1.jpg
    sl-1.jpg

That’s not what I thought I was paying for. I want the exported slices to have the names of all the template’s actual images.

As for making new slices myself, well, that’s easier said than done. The 980-wide slice doesn’t match up with any of the existing guides or edges in the source. It’s an arbitrary dimension and it’s very tedious to try to match it.

I could be using Photoshop incorrectly, but if I am not, then I think that for the price of our memberships we should be getting proper source files. Furthermore, Photoshop is a pain to match colors with (yes, I do know all about color profiles, working spaces, and sRGB IEC61966-2.1, but often that still doesn’t help) , so I would like to request that a Fireworks compatible PNG source be made available. I’ve never had color matching problems with PNGs opened in Fireworks.

Enough of that. So, here’s my question: am I using the PSD source incorrectly, or is there really no slice for the mainwrap-bg.gif and -top.gif and -bot.gif? If they aren’t there, can we please have those slices added to the full source. At this point, I’ll be happy to have it in PSD even, but PNG is preferred.

Oh, and I’m using Photoshop CS2 (yeah, it’s old), but I don’t think that’s the reason why the slices are missing. If it is, I apologize.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Grumpster 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum