Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello.

I am trying to add the “Back to top” button on my site as it is very useful. However, following the documentation on this site:
    http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/customization/89-documentation.html#back-to-top

didn’t work with my existing footer. I am not sure what is going on.

My hunch is because I have a slightly modified footer….that might be affecting the script.

Help please, Admins.

Thanks,
    Karla

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    I am trying to open your site to check this issue .
    but site contains server authentication , and credentials you are submitted not working .
    can u remove it or PM me complete admin details of your site , if your site is based on Joomla 2.5 also attach FTP details in PM.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    but site contains server authentication , and credentials you are submitted not working .
    can u remove it or PM me complete admin details of your site , if your site is based on Joomla 2.5 also attach FTP details in PM.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    Do the following to add back to top button .
    First open custom.css file add the below code

.back-to-top { background-color: #09355a; bottom: 16px; height: 40px; margin: 0; position: fixed; right: 20px; width: 40px; z-index: 1000; opacity:0;filter:alpha(opacity=0);-webkit-transition:opacity 350ms;-moz-transition:opacity 350ms;-o-transition:opacity 350ms;transition:opacity 350ms;}
    .back-to-top i { color: #fff font-size: 12px; line-height: 1em; left: 50%; margin-top: -7px; margin-left: -3px; position: absolute; top: 50%; }
    .back-to-top.reveal { opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=30); cursor: pointer; }

Now go to “/tpls/blocks/footer.php” in template “ja_university_t3”.
    add this code

<!-- BACK TO TOP -->
    <div id="back-to-top" class="back-to-top t3-hide">
    <i class="fa fa-long-arrow-up"></i>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    //<!]>
    </script>
    <!-- //BACK TO TOP -->

It will solve your problem .
    Note : I saw you have added custom.css in /local folder so you need to add the css in this file + make sure custom.css do not contain any syntax error , otherwise code will note work.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello

.back-to-top { background-color: #09355a; bottom: 16px; height: 40px; margin: 0; position: fixed; right: 20px; width: 40px; z-index: 1000; opacity:0;filter:alpha(opacity=0);-webkit-transition:opacity 350ms;-moz-transition:opacity 350ms;-o-transition:opacity 350ms;transition:opacity 350ms;}
    .back-to-top i { color: #fff font-size: 12px; line-height: 1em; left: 50%; margin-top: -7px; margin-left: -3px; position: absolute; top: 50%; }
    .back-to-top.reveal { opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=30); cursor: pointer; }

add this code

<!-- BACK TO TOP -->
    </div>
    //<!]>
    </script>
    <!-- //BACK TO TOP -->

Note : I saw you have added custom.css in /local folder so you need to add the css in this file + make sure custom.css do not contain any syntax error , otherwise code will note work.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello

add this code

<!-- BACK TO TOP -->
    </div>
    //<!]>
    </script>
    <!-- //BACK TO TOP -->

mkfloresca Friend

Hi,

I have tried the modified css and footer on my local site and it seems to work!
    Also, I was wondering why my custom.css was not working anymore – and your comment above allowed me to correct some custom styles that were missing closing tags, etc.- and I believe that was the reason why it stopped working.

Thanks again for your solutions!

Karla

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum