Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Overview

Using CSS @import in an external stylesheet can add additional delays during the loading of a web page.

Details

CSS @import allows stylesheets to import other stylesheets. When CSS @import is used from an external stylesheet, the browser is unable to download the stylesheets in parallel, which adds additional round-trip times to the overall page load. For instance, if first.css contains the following content:

@import url("second.css")

The browser must download, parse, and execute first.css before it is able to discover that it needs to download second.css.

Recommendations
    Use the <link> tag instead of CSS @import

Instead of @import, use a <link> tag for each stylesheet. This allows the browser to download stylesheets in parallel, which results in faster page load times:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="first.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="second.css">

so to the JA Developer, can you update the template plugin so that we can choose from TEMPLATES MANAGER > JA SOCIAL > GLOBAL > Css & Javascript Compress > Optimize CSS

as the <link> tag instead of CSS @import

thank you so much, this will make the site much faster and powerful
    source: http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/docs/rtt.html#AvoidCssImport

jobnomade Friend

Hey comraseliteunit,

this post is a bit older, but just want to add that I am quite interested in website performance improvements. I didn’t know that page speed delay issue with @import. Learned something new today. Thanks for sharing this with us.

younuotui Friend

Thanks for this useful article,i’m learning it for my ugg boots günstig[/url] site!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  younuotui 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum