Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I have at Options > Articles > Show Author >Hide.
    Then in the category blog menu items I have Options > Show Author > Use article settings,
    BUT
    All articles when clicked in the category view lead to article page with the Author name at the top, regardless if the option in the article is Show Author > Show or hide.
    Can you please help as it looks to be a template bug?
    We are about to go live and this a big issue for us.

Thank you

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

This place: Options > Articles > Show Author >Hide is Global option

while in settings of menu item, you set to: Options > Show Author > Use article settings <<< this is settings in article

Which means that it will take settings you set in an article, not Global option.

etna34 Friend

…Which means that it will take settings you set in an article, not Global option.

This is what I am saying, it is NOT taking the settings of the article, but the global settings ALL the time.

AGAIN: Right now I have
    Global : Options > Articles > Show Author >Hide
    Menu item (category blog view): Options > Show Author > Use article settings
    AND
    ALL articles are show the author when clicked, regardless if in article>article options they have Show Author > Show or Hide

I want to show (and normally Joomla does that) the name of the author ONLY when in articles options is Show Author > Show

I hope you understand that.

Thank you

Saguaros Moderator

So please check the settings in article as it’s set to use Global value now

etna34 Friend

I set them to Global as we are live and we do not want author name to be visible on all articles.
    Just for you to check I re-set the option
    Show Author > Use article settings,
    in the last category DESIGN & T….
    please check.

Regards

Saguaros Moderator

It seems to be an issue here when configure in that way. I’ve passed to the team via our bug tracking system: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCMAGZII-80 for further checking.

In the meantime, please set ‘Show Author’ option under menu item to ‘User Global’ instead of ‘Use Article settings’. I just set for ‘Design & Tech’ menu item page on your site and you can see the author name no longer displays in article page now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum