Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello again –

I cant get my service to connect with or without a password. All I’m getting is “WRONG_USERNAME_AND_PASSWORD_LOGIN_FAILED_PLEASE_TRY_AGAIN” love the underscores.

I’m confused about the authentication. A JAEM team member helped set it up but I could never get it to actually work. Do you have any step by step instructions on this?

Is the username and password supposed to consider with the Joomla Login for the admin? Where is the password stored Ive looked through the code and I don’t see how to modify it. Also am I supposed to modify the encryption to match my Joomla.

Any help would be really appreciated.

More useful feedback from your product would be very helpful. Most of the errors read something like “It just doesn’t work contact someone who knows.” If they gave me some useful information I may be able to debug on my own.

Thanks for the help,
    -Rachel

Nick R JA JobBoard

Hi Rachel,

as far as i know, for the update service at joomlart, you need to use your login details for this website and not for your joomla website 😉

Hope that helps.

Cheers
    Nick

directive Friend

Thank you Nick that is true for the JoomlArt service.

Sorry I didnt specify previously, this is my own service Im creating and I have tried using the joomla username and password for it but it didnt work. A previous developer mentioned that I need to add my own code to the check function in the service/jaupdater/core/auth/authBase.php file. I have played with this for hours. I have enven removed the function contents and just put return true; in it but I still get the same message.

Where is the documentation on this?

Thanks,
    -Rachel

Nick R JA JobBoard

You are welcome.
    Well to be honest, i have no idea about using your own service on a different server.
    Maybe the wiki pages could help you: http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Extensions_Manager/Overview

Good luck and please let us know your solution if you found it.

Cheers
    Nick

EDIT: Take a look at this section: http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Extensions_Manager/Developer_Guides

directive Friend

Yeah we have been through that, it’s not giving us enough information.

We’d like to purchase some support and or assistance. Right now we have blown a lot of timie trying to get it working with the documentation and wiki provided. It’s not enough information for my developes to get it up and running.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello mate,

I don’t think that it’s too hard to get authentication system works.
    Please ask your developers check a code in a files that I notice on this thread
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/help-cant-get-any-services-to-work/#post-370629

workflow of authentication system is:
    – user send their request to service via jaem client with authenticate information
    – the service receive this information and query to your authentication system to verify it and response result code to client side (you must update this function to work with your current authentication system)
    – you can find all response code on this file “authJoomlart.php”

sorry about my english if it make you feel confused!

Best regards,
    ThanhNV

directive Friend

Hello –

Thank you for your continued help. You refereed me to my previous post and the files I mention, I mention quite a few, and its unfortunately not very helpful. I did start with the base of authJoomlart and the joomlart-jaupdater-service-7339752 and I have been working to modify these files. Right now I’m just trying to get it to connect with the jatest user and as far as I can tell the user is supposed to connect with no password but still it tells me its the wrong username and password.

I have attached the three files I have been modifying and some screen shots of my issues that may help, I hope.

Also you mention that I need to modify the check function to work with my current authentication. Where is there an example of how to do this?

Thanks
    -Rachel

directive Friend

any progress on this app yet?

hannababera Friend

Hi Rachel, i’m at the same point…. it is confusing….

Have u tried your connection without authentication?

“WS_AUTH_PROVIDER”=>”” // your service provider name here // leave blank if no authentication is required

Regards Hanna

directive Friend

Hello Hanna –

Yes I did try this without any authentication just to see if It was connecting period but I was never able to get it to work. I even had one of the developers from Joomlart log in and configure for me but I still wasn’t able to get it functioning. :((

Please let me know if your able to get it working it could solve a lot of problems for us.

Thanks
    -Rachel

<em>@hannababera 235909 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Rachel, i’m at the same point…. it is confusing….

Have u tried your connection without authentication?

“WS_AUTH_PROVIDER”=>”” // your service provider name here // leave blank if no authentication is required

Regards Hanna</blockquote>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  directive 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum