Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello Mod’s,

I Recently asked a question in another post, it was ( How to upgrade from Tiline 2 to T4 ) I did not get an answer yet. But I did kind of figured it out, in my package I downloaded:

I installed everything as it was needed and I even Uninstalled the old JaNews Modules, I had an error when I selected the T4 template to be my default: ( see my original post: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/telline-ii-site-wont-work-with-telline-lv/)

I managed to get it to work but I had to figure everything out on my own…good learning curve for me, but would have loved some help from the joomlart team.
    this is how I did it for those trying to do the same:
    1) I backed up my site DB and the root site and downloded (490MB) total size so no big deal.
    2) uploaded my root files to new site, used PHP my admin to import the sql files from my original DB I had already downloaded in step 1.
    3) previewed my site and looked exactly as it looked in my production site.
    4) NOTE: you may need to edit your config.php files depending on your new DB settins (Name, Password, log and temp directory )
    5) this is when my error was coming out…uploaded T4 template only through administrator>>install-uninstall menu. Went to Extension manager and Template manager and set T4 to be my default template…wackkkk error came, see above link post.
    6) after some headaches and hours of thought, I went back to joomlart.com and downloaded the packaged for T3 Framework 9 see image:10072
    This fixed my error… Joomlart guys…why wasn’t this pointed out to us? we have productions site already that will take for ever to manually redo. So no more errors but see step # 7

7) I started to reorganized the site ( of course my original site does not have all the modules positions that the QuickStart provides, so I am in the process of adding these new pos’s. but in the mean time, I am haing issues with having the search modules show in the right search options as the demo. and the headlines module is deforming my site when I set the show head text option to yes, if I set to no, it is ok…why?10071

Thank you and I beg your pardon for I am a novice and I am just trying to help the project of getting bugs out of this brilliant template so we can all use it at the best, and also help some like me having the same issues.

PS. To better understand what is going on, I set up a second site with the QuickStart installed so I could folow up the settings and positions.

Joomlart give us some Tutorials that really explain settings and positions for this modules, plugs and comps.

Thanks again.

Luis

1. news_Ticker
    2. t4
    3. T3_Frame_work
    Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Luis,

First of all, its clearly mentioned in the announcements that there is no migration guide between any of the teline templates.

Second, I dont get why you needed to play around the DB, when you could have easily used AkeebaBakcup component for easy backup and cloning your site. At the same time, it was a very good step to take backup and try on the site clone.

If i was you, this is what i would have tried :

1. Take backup (use AkeebaBackup).
    2, Make clone of your site and start setting up Teline IV on it…
    3. Install Teline IV and T3 framework Plugin (remember its a T3 V2 template).
    4. Install all the extensions supplied with the Teline IV. (you can skip any extra extension you think you wont be using).
    5. Make sure all the older extensions from other teline are upgraded to the latest supplied with the Teline IV.

6. Check the Teline IV Userguide forum / threads for the Modules / extensions screenshot with default settings and module positions. and set up all your new extension with the default demo settings.

That should give you a fair idea of how to do it and if it works, it would be very easy to replicate the same on your live site, without worrying about screwing it up.

<blockquote>PS. To better understand what is going on, I set up a second site with the QuickStart installed so I could folow up the settings and positions.</blockquote>

Perfect approach. I like that.

Regards

Arvind

cepedalc Friend

Thanks Arvind,

Very usefull information in your reply, I really appreciate your time to answer my post.

I appologize for getting on my nerves and not do my research well done before posting part of this post, just one thing…
    I am not a pro in any HTML,CSS,PHP or any other language, I do have a clear vision of how they work and can modify ( Not create ) most of them to get the results I look for. I say this because like me there are many others that maybe went through the same wen updating their sites.

But wouldn’t it make sense to include the T3 Framework package with the Tiline 4 package? that way people like me would have gone straight to the point, without having to go crazy and even post innesesary quesions here.

That is my point, you should include this package with just a few lines of text explaining why and how to update a preview version site to be able to use Tiline 4.

Besides that you have answer all my questions and I thank you for that.

Luis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cepedalc 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum