Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I’ve a longer article with a Read-more-Link to show properly in category-view. My problem: I want to set the content-type to “gallery” and show the article also in a 1×1-grid on the frontpage. Unfortunately, the Read-More-Link – so I suppose – is crashing the gallery in the grid-view. There’s only shown a missing icon-picture… Any ideas?

Thanks Joa

1. gallery
    MoonSailor Friend

Please PM me url and admin credentials of your site, I will help to check further.

joachim funk Friend

Hi MoonSailor,

thanks for your reply – I’ve sent you a PM with the login-data to my site…

MoonSailor Friend

Here are what I changed in your site:

<blockquote>
    I’ve an article set to Content-Type “Text”, Animation “None” and Grid-Type “1×1”. The hover-effect is on title AND description – but the linking only works only by clickíng on the title.
    </blockquote>

In file “/templates/ja_fixel/js/jquery.article.js” I added javascript code:

masonry.off('click.fixelpopup').on('click.fixelpopup', '.items.text ', function(){
    var urlart = ($(this).find('.article-link, .readmore-link, .video-link').eq(0).prop('href') || '');

//redirect
    if(urlart.length >0 ){
    window.location.href=urlart;
    }
    });

Underneath this line of code:

masonry.off('click.fixelpopup').on('click.fixelpopup', '.items.video', startpopup);

Now,all items with type of “text”, when you click, it will open article details page.

<blockquote>
    I’ve a longer article with a Read-more-Link to show properly in category-view. My problem: I want to set the content-type to “gallery” and show the article also in a 1×1-grid on the frontpage. Unfortunately, the Read-More-Link – so I suppose – is crashing the gallery in the grid-view. There’s only shown a missing icon-picture… Any ideas?
    </blockquote>

You add the image in wrong way so that it didn’t show in frontend

Image should be added in introtext part of article. I just fixed it for you.

Kindly have a look at this and let me know if this helps.

joachim funk Friend

Hi Moon Sailor!

Works perfect – thanks a lot, exactly what I want. The only thing I don’t understand is the part “Image should be added in introtext part of article.” In your uploaded screenshot the images are added behind the “read-more-id”, not before. It works fine, but I don’t understand it :confused: Perhaps you could give me a hint?

Thanks
    Joa

MoonSailor Friend

Hi Joa,

<blockquote>
    The only thing I don’t understand is the part “Image should be added in introtext part of article.” In your uploaded screenshot the images are added behind the “read-more-id”, not before
    </blockquote>

In attached image, its content of article in your site, I just fixed it. Basically, it will get image from intro text, this is behavior of Joomla.

joachim funk Friend

Ah, ok… Thanks for the fixed-version 🙂

angsto Friend

<em>@MoonSailor 407034 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here are what I changed in your site:

masonry.off('click.fixelpopup').on('click.fixelpopup', '.items.text ', function(){
    var urlart = ($(this).find('.article-link, .readmore-link, .video-link').eq(0).prop('href') || '');

//redirect
    if(urlart.length >0 ){
    }
    });

masonry.off('click.fixelpopup').on('click.fixelpopup', '.items.video', startpopup);

Now,all items with type of “text”, when you click, it will open article details page.

Kindly have a look at this and let me know if this helps.</blockquote>

I have this Problem too. I add the image in right way(before “<hr id=”system-readmore” />”) so that it did show in frontend, but I add this article to Category Blog too and in intro text I have all images from gallery in intro text, but I want to see there just intro image.
    Can you help me?

angsto Friend

<em>@MoonSailor 407034 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here are what I changed in your site:

//redirect
    if(urlart.length >0 ){
    }
    });

Kindly have a look at this and let me know if this helps.</blockquote>

I have this Problem too. I add the image in right way(before “<hr id=”system-readmore” />”) so that it did show in frontend, but I add this article to Category Blog too and in intro text I have all images from gallery in intro text, but I want to see there just intro image.
    Can you help me?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @angsto,

Try open file templatesja_fixelcsscustom.css and add this code :

.view-category.layout-blog .row-fluid .article-image {
    display: none;
    }
    .view-category.layout-blog .row-fluid .article-content-wrap {
    margin: 0;
    width: auto;
    float: none;
    }
    .view-category.layout-blog .row-fluid .article-content-inner {
    padding: 0;
    }

Adam M Moderator

Hi @angsto,

Try open file templatesja_fixelcsscustom.css and add this code :

.view-category.layout-blog .row-fluid .article-image {
    }
    .view-category.layout-blog .row-fluid .article-content-wrap {
    margin: 0;
    width: auto;
    float: none;
    }
    .view-category.layout-blog .row-fluid .article-content-inner {
    padding: 0;
    }

angsto Friend

Hi @adam M
    This not help me, I want intro image, but I don’t want images from gallery before read more line. See here( http://fk-fashion.com/index.php/fk-blog)

Adam M Moderator

Hi @angsto,

So use this code instead :

.view-category.layout-blog .row-fluid .article-intro img {
    }

Adam M Moderator

Hi @angsto,

So use this code instead :

.view-category.layout-blog .row-fluid .article-intro img {
    }

angsto Friend

That’s what i’m talking about

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  angsto 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum