Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The article read counts do not increment when viewing via pop up and when / if they do the JA front page item box does not match the actual article. This is worse on K2 items which just don’t work. Please view your own K2 demo page and see the very low read count ..

http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_wall/k2.html

Dave

Sherlock Friend

<em>@dave_logic 320357 wrote:</em><blockquote>The article read counts do not increment when viewing via pop up and when / if they do the JA front page item box does not match the actual article. This is worse on K2 items which just don’t work. Please view your own K2 demo page and see the very low read count ..

http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_wall/k2.html

Dave</blockquote>

Hi dave_logic,

That maybe caused by caching, in the back-end of JA Wall demo cache is turned on so you do not see the read counts update, in your Ja wall back-end you can turn off cache to see if it works for you.

dave_logic Friend

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 320434 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi dave_logic,

That maybe caused by caching, in the back-end of JA Wall demo cache is turned on so you do not see the read counts update, in your Ja wall back-end you can turn off cache to see if it works for you.</blockquote>

Hi,

Thanks for your response,

1 – This is the JA Demo I am using for this example so maybe you need to turn off your caching ???

2 – This is a bug. Why would I want to turn off caching on a site that is this graphics intensive.

3 – The reason for reporting is for this to be fixed not worked around by turning off a core element such as caching. On a template focused on Article content displaying comments count and read count on the front page I would have thought that this would be quite important ?

Regards,

Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dave_logic 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum