Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Hello

I have a problem, when I turn on the SEO feature, everything seems to work fine, however sometimes not all the time, the main sections when clicked from the front page, return Article not found error. This does not happen all the time, however I noticed that once it starts happening it happens all the time. This problem occours only when i click on categories in the JA News front page. All other pages work perfectly. This problem goes away when I turn the SEO off. So the site works well wiht SEO off but when turned on, the problem comes back.

Any ideas ?, I appreciate your help

Thanks

nathanbohn Friend

is the error on links made by you or by the joomla system like the read more links? is your htaccess.txt renamed to .htaccess

tomekc Friend

The errors happen when I click on the front page links of a section or a link pointing to an article from the front page. Only happens from a frontpage. The the htaccess.txt is not renamed to .htaccess should I do it ?

nigelta Friend

<em>@tomekc 53253 wrote:</em><blockquote>The errors happen when I click on the front page links of a section or a link pointing to an article from the front page. Only happens from a frontpage. The the htaccess.txt is not renamed to .htaccess should I do it ?</blockquote>

Yes you should but don’t forget to rename the original .htaccess to “oldhtaccess” or something similar. That way you don’t have to delete it from the server and you can easily switch back to it if needed.

tomekc Friend

I renamed the htaccess.txt to .htaccess, made a backup of the original .htaccess. However, this did not help, the problem still exists when SEO is turned on. Any ideas ?

nathanbohn Friend

under Global Configurations in the backend, check under the Site Tab and under the SEO box make sure Use Apache mod_rewrite is enabled.

tomekc Friend

I appreciate the help. Unfortunately turning mod rewrite on in global configuration has no effect on the error. 🙁 Nothing seems to get rid of this problem…

hendersonline Friend

I got a similar problem on an install made today. As soon as I turned on SEF it crashed all the links below the home page to plain text – it stripped out the CSS and images. Turning the SEF off corrected the problem. It is the same when I changed to another template. But I do this change with other JA templates in 1.5 installations and it is fine (you don’t need apache mod rewrite to be enabled to use the Joomla SEF feature).

Implication it may be a com/mod/plugin conflict since it is across the board on all templates?

Is there an issue that we have two starred menus – “Main Menu” and “magazin” – what does that mean? Could it be related? Just a thought.

Ferjoom Friend

Categories work ok but section not.
    I realize that the menus created by joomla are not putting sections and categories in the link.
    Im my joomla 1.5.3 the menu item do not add sections in the link. It keeps just the http://www.site.com/section.html and not http://www.site.com/category/section.html when sef if enable.
    Anyone knows how to configure that?

copper Friend

I am having same issue.
    Work ok with standard Joomla SEF turned off.
    All links on the site is not working with SEF turned on.

jpmoran Friend

I am having the same problem with a quickstart install of JA Teline II for Joomla 1.5 on a new hosting account. I have not tired to use a non joomlart template so I can’t rule out my server configuration or install.

My server configuration is as follows:
    Linux
    PHP 5.2.5
    Apache 1.3.41
    Joomla 1.5.3
    mysql 5.0.45

hendersonline Friend

J!1.5 comes with two standard templates pre-loaded out of the box. Switching to each of them with SEF turned on maintains the problem. So it is not a template issue. It is likely to be some other form of conflict.

It might be worth uninstalling the extensions one by one to see if this changes things. I don’t have time to do this at the mo. Or a clean install and go from there.

Anyone any better ideas?

jpmoran Friend

That’s what I was going to do next. Please post the results if you do it as well.

jpmoran Friend

Ok, I got the template to work. I tried to narrow down the culprit by turning off the modules one by one. It did not matter what module was active, they all failed to render section pages with the style shet or even find individual stories at all.

On a hunch I thought I would try to use the apache rewrite feature, to see if that would get the templates to work with the SEF links. I has. if you are running this template on an apache server select all three SEF options in the global configuration settings and then replace the standard .htaccess file with the one that comes with joomla. (rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess). If you are using cpanel, use the file browser to rename it.

This should resolve the problems it did for me.

tomekc Friend

This does not work for me unfortunately. The SEF options in global configuration as well as renaming the htaccess.txt to .htaccess has absolutely no effect on the problem.

I have 5 categories displayed on the front page. And the links after the SEF is truned on are wrong. For example: the correct link would be http://www.mypage.com/categoryname but the link that the SEO option puts in there is http://www.mypage.com/categoryname/category-alias.html everything works fine except just the categories on the front page out of which only 1 has the correct link.

Anybody has the same problem ? Is this Joomla specific problem or is it the template ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  graffa 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum