Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

The site was working perfectly well till I upgraded today to Joomla 2.5.5. At the same time I upgraded to the new JComment version. The result: Articles cannot be created any more and the media manager does not work too!

Error message:
    Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/fscans/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/base.php on line 87

Ninja Lead Moderator

I checked on your site and still using Joomla 2.5.3. I didn’t find the issue that you were mentioned above. Please guide me through how can I get this here at my end?

teutobahiano Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 326369 wrote:</em><blockquote>I checked on your site and still using Joomla 2.5.3. I didn’t find the issue that you were mentioned above. Please guide me through how can I get this here at my end?</blockquote>

Hi Ninja Lead,

In the meantime the host restored the backup file. They told me that the latest backup was made two days ago but I noticed that all my latest posts made yesterday morning were there. Strange!

As you may have noticed the site is up again. But there are two new problems now:

1st: Error message sent by Akeeba:
    Your cache directory (/home/fscans/public_html/cache) is not writable. Akeeba Backup Lazy Scheduling plugin will not work until you fix this issue.
    2nd: The Global Check-In is no more accessible, which is a big problem!

Ninja Lead Moderator

Thanks for your guide. I need to access “/home/fscans/public_html/cache” and check it. About Global Check-In with your account given me could not access and show error page. Please PM to me FTP account access. I will help you out it.

teutobahiano Friend

Please see my private message.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I saw the error on your site with the log file

<blockquote>”PHP Startup: Suhosin Extension does not officially support PHP 5.2 and below anymore, because it is discontinued. Use it at your own risk. in Unknown on line 0″</blockquote>

At the moment, your site is down. Whenever I try to access to your site I would receive the error 500.
    Please contact with system administrator on your hosting for further checking on this.

teutobahiano Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 326689 wrote:</em><blockquote>I saw the error on your site with the log file

At the moment, your site is down. Whenever I try to access to your site I would receive the error 500.
    Please contact with system administrator on your hosting for further checking on this.</blockquote>

Very strange. I have accessed the site several times in the last 24 hours and there was no problem at the frontend. Yesterday, for the first time, the number of visitors surpassed 500, so are we talking about the same site?

http://www.femalescans.com

Caution: site is very hot!

Ninja Lead Moderator

Sure, I checked on the link: http://www.femalescans.com and login ftp access on your hosting, i got error_log: /public_html/error_log. Please contact to your hosting provider for closer check before i will help your fix error as below.
    <em>@teutobahiano 326756 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    1st: Error message sent by Akeeba:
    Your cache directory (/home/fscans/public_html/cache) is not writable. Akeeba Backup Lazy Scheduling plugin will not work until you fix this issue.
    2nd: The Global Check-In is no more accessible, which is a big problem!
    </blockquote>

teutobahiano Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 326867 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sure, I checked on the link: http://www.femalescans.com and login ftp access on your hosting, i got error_log: /public_html/error_log. Please contact to your hosting provider for closer check before i will help your fix error as below.</blockquote>

My dear JA Developer Ninja Lead,

I sincerely don’t understand why you still insist in your ‘theory’. As I already explained to you by PM the error message shown is very old and the informed problem did not interfere till now. The real story: As the site is growing very fast I did not notice that it was running out of space. So some files were damaged when upgrading Joomla (Akeeba/Joomla). Solution: I increased disk space, reinstalled Akeeba and finally Joomla (by manual upload). Now everything seems to be normal again.

I hope that this answer is useful for you and for all ‘club members’.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Great, thanks for your notification. I’ve checked both errors on your request above. I still saw an error on Akeeba Backup Lazy Scheduling plugin. When I opened it show to error “The file aklazy.xml could not be found.” and didn’t see on folder code

<blockquote>plugins/system/aklazy</blockquote>

Please reinstall this plugin again.

Other things on your site are running as well

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum