Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have a problem on a site I have recently published: in the blog layout view the bottom right article intro text is shown in bold.

I have checked the article html, but the problem seems to relate to the position of the article rather than in its code. If I move another article to the bottom right (last) position its intro text will be shown in bold.

I have checked both with firefox web developer and firebug, but I couldn’t find any clue for css problems.

I am using:
    joomla 1.5.14
    a slightly modified version of ja_purity 1.2.0
    joomfish
    docman (legacy enabled)
    ninja explorer
    chrono comments
    joomlapack

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance!

ossesso Friend

hi,
    I have created a simple css class with font-weight:normal to apply to the intro text. It seems to work on firefox.
    This is obviously a temporary solution as modifying the articles ordering would reproduce the problem on the last article.

I have noticed that visualizing the css info with “web developer for firefox” it returns no information on the bold text, this can mean that the bold text is generate by a html tag (<strong>) rather than a css class…

I will still be thankful to any pious soul giving me any clue on where to look to solve this funny problem

kpelham Friend

I had the same problem. Went thru my code on all the articles. Found a few places where it had strong></strong> and removed them.

IT WAS THE FIRST ARTICLE THAT WAS CAUSING THE PROBLEM! The first article was the only one displaying “correctly” and it was the problem!

Nothing fixed it until I got rid of the <strong></strong> (that doesn’t belong any place in html code!) on the first article

jacquelinestarling Friend

I have this problem sometimes when pasting from word. You have to paste from text file. You have a <strong></strong> misplaced probably like the previous user replied.

faidhi Friend

I had this too and turned out to be a <strong> tag before the readme line and a closing </strong> after the readme line. Just removed them and all is fine.

kjkhere Friend

hello ..
    I use the Ja Purity template and also have the problem that the last articles (intros) in a blog view are shown in bold. Can see no reason for it in the html code of the articles.:confused:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kjkhere 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum