Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi.

when I make an article, the first image I use in it will be displayed above the title of the article. I just want the image to stay where I put it in my article and not above the title. How can I do this? (or maybe it’s a new function in Joomla 1.7, it’s my first attempt working with 1.7 but where can I change it?)

TomC Moderator

Greetings Friend:

In order to try to best assist you, please provide the url to the site you’re working on
    – as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings.

It would also be helpful to provide a link to a page where this particular issues is occurring.

gvb57 Friend

It’s a local site, for some practising with Joomla 1.7 and the T3 framework so I don’t have any URL.

It only happens when you have a menu with a categorie blog, when you just display the article it looks normal.

You can see an example here:
    http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#joomla17-templates.joomlart.com/ja_kranos/

on the frontpage the image is above the title (Kranos Template article), when you click on the titel and get the article, the image is below the title.

tomallwood Friend

I also have this problem. It is particulary a problem with a photo gallery as the first photo is taken off and put a the top of the page in the category blog (leading articles) layout. My site is not live so I can’t easily share a workable URL but I’ve (hopefully) attached a screenshot. I would appreciate your help with this. I’ve tried setting optimise CSS to no with no visible difference. Thanks, Jo

1. Screen-Shot-2012-01-07-at-14.54.14
    gvb57 Friend

I’ve searched the entire forum for any comparable problems. Eventually I’ve found one with a solution that works. I had to customize it a little bit to my problem but… finally it works :).

The forum where I found it: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-disable-genetation-of-thumbnail-for-featured-article/

For me the problem was in the blog layout so I went to: ja_kranos / html / com_content / category / blog_item.php
    Here you can find the same ‘get images’ statement as in the link above. I didn’t delete this code but added an extra rule after
    $image = $matches[0];
    saying:
    $image = ”;

Maybe it’s not the best way to solve this, but it works for me.

(the same statement is in featured / default_item.php and maybe in more php-files so it can be that you have to look in another file. I hope it works for you too!)

Peter Matra Friend

NOTE TO ALL 3.X USERS:

The code above does not work. 🙁 So I came up with a simple solution. I created a 1×1 pixel transparent PNG and put that at the beginning of the article. The code ends up treating it like an intro image.

I attached the PNG! Enjoy

1. 1-pixel
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Matra 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum