Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

In examining the error logs on my server, I see a large number of instances where the following message is recorded, even though the associated image files are present in the Regulus Image directory and appear fine in core joomla menu and modules:

[Wed Oct 25 11:25:20 2006] File does not exist: /home/lisms/public_html/404.shtml
    [Wed Oct 25 11:25:20 2006] File does not exist: /home/lisms/public_html/templates/ja_regulusimages/arrow-on.gif
    [Wed Oct 25 11:25:20 2006] File does not exist: /home/lisms/public_html/404.shtml
    [Wed Oct 25 11:25:20 2006] File does not exist: /home/lisms/public_html/templates/ja_regulusimages/arrow-off.gif

It appears that these errors are generated whenever calls are made to pages that display the moofx roller (lisms.org). Could you tell me:

1. Is there a structural problem with the template configuration and how to correct it?
    2. While I’d much prefer to continue using the arrow-on arrow off function, could you tell if there’s a way to turn off their display altogether if the problem with the template can’t be resolved.

Thank you.

mattstahl Friend

Permit me to append my own post. I have noted that the moofx roller temporarily displays the arrow-on.gif while web pages on my site (lisms.org) that display the roller load in Internat Explorer (Watch bottom of roller). This behaviour is not exhibited when the page is called using the Firefox browser. It seems fairly clear that the bullets should not be called at all in the roller, which would point to a CSS bug in that portion of the template design. Could someone take a peek and confirm or deny this?

Thank you.

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi mattstahl,
    I see that your sites, arrow-on.gif and moofx roller are working well at my IE (6.0 + 7.0) and FF 1.5
    Have you fixed the problem?

mattstahl Friend

Thanks for writing, Hung. I have traced the source of the errors to the top module section of the roller. If content that is displayed in list format is included there, instead of straight text content, the roller apparently interprets that as an item that requires the arrow.on/off gifs. The image attempts to load and generates an error in the server log. Interestingly, activating both the Joomla latest news and newsflashes module simultaneously, assigning both to the “top” position (with latest news assigned a subordinate ID) corrects the most egregious display errors. It DOES NOT correct the root problem, however. It appears that the template code needs to be altered so that the CSS calling the arrow-on/off gifs from the CSS applicable to the “top” module position is excluded, or separate CSS code that does not call background images is invoked for the “top” module. There’s a small bug in there someplace. Could you take a look and let me know how I can effect this change?

Thank you.

mattstahl Friend

Has anyone taken a glance at this. Again, the background call is only a problem if the item assigned to the top position in the template is configured in list format, such as the latest news module. Please advise.

mattstahl Friend

One more supporting note. If I REDUCE the number of latest news items to display in the top module to one, the problem described is eliminated. THIS APPEARS TO CONFIRM THAT THE CSS APPLICABLE TO THE BACKGROUND GIFs IS IMPROPERLY ASSIGNED TO THE TOP MODULE POSITION WHEN LISTS ARE DISPLAYED THERE. I’ve pretty well narrowed down the problem for you, and REALLY need to know how to change the CSS assigned to that particular module.

Thank you.

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi mattstahl,
    Sorry for keeping you waiting…
    Looking at the error: /home/lisms/public_html/templates/ja_regulusimages/arrow-off.gif
    it seem that we have miss one “/” somewhere in the template, the image should have call with the right url /home/lisms/public_html/templates/ja_regulus/images/arrow-off.gif instead of /home/lisms/public_html/templates/ja_regulusimages/arrow-off.gif
    I see that you have quite a lot customized css files and add ons. Could you track in those components and css file where we miss the “/”

mattstahl Friend

Hung, thanks for the bounceback, but it really has nothing to do with the problem I outlined. In a nutshell, all I want to do is turn OFF the arrow.gifs for the TOP module position of the template. I don’t think these indicators should be operative in any portion of the MOOFX roller.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mattstahl 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum