Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Has anyone out there managed to get Joomla 3.1.1 and JA Wall working properly? In particular, making “Extended classes” show up under the article options (METADATA OPTIONS). This doesn’t seem to work with the latest Joomla 3.1 releases.

John

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi bowman999,

Joomla 3.1.1 has change their fieldset to group elements.
    Here is how to fix the Extended Classes on Joomla 3.1.1

Open file:
    pluginssystemjapagerassetscontent_params.xml

Replace all with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <form>
    <fields name="metadata">
    <fieldset name="jmetadata">
    <field name="xclass" type="text" size="30" default="" label="PLG_JAPAGER_ADDITIONAL_CLASS" description="PLG_JAPAGER_ADDITIONAL_CLASS_DESC" />
    </fieldset>
    </fields>
    </form>

Save, clear cache and try again.

Regards

jacky_hoang Friend

Thank u, well done

bowman999 Friend

Thanks Wall Crasher. Just applied the patch. All working nicely now in 3.1.1. :laugh: I can add and style articles again. Cheers. John

adminko Friend

<em>@bowman999 371836 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Wall Crasher. Just applied the patch. All working nicely now in 3.1.1. :laugh: I can add and style articles again. Cheers. John</blockquote>
    Hi, I have Joomla 3.1.5 and the problem is back – no “Extended classes” show up under the article options.

The file pluginssystemjapagerassetscontent_params.xml is with the content from third post.

Please help me! 🙂

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi adminko,

As Joomla 3.1.5 has some break change (3.1.4) the DS contants has been removed completely.

You can try to open pluginssystemjapagerjapager.php and replace DS by ‘/’ then try again.

And you seem to be a free member, JA Wall is commercial template so please buy our JA Wall bundle at sign up page http://www.joomlart.com/member/signup.php for legal usage and enjoying our great technical support.

Regards

mroed Friend

Hi
    I have upgraded my site to Joomla 3.3.3 but now I also have this problem with the Extended Classes is not working.

Hoping to get a little help even though my subscription has run out 🙂

Thanks,
    Michael

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Michael,

Could you describe the issue in more details? I will try to reproduce at my end to see what’s wrong here.

mroed Friend

Hi,
    Sure thing 🙂

When I open an article in the backend I click the “Publishing” fan and here I should see the field “Extended classes” underneath the External References but no field is shown (see screen dump)
    This is causing that I cannot set the grid options for an article in JA Wall.

And applying the fix mentioned above do not do anything in Joomla 3.3.3.

Hope this clears things up otherwise please let me now.

Thanks.

1. JAwallDump
    mroed Friend

UPDATE.
    I just read the thread once more and now I noticed the post from Wall Crasher saying:
    <em>@Wall Crasher 386429 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can try to open pluginssystemjapagerjapager.php and replace DS by ‘/’ then try again.</blockquote>
    and this actually works :laugh:

So no point in doing more.

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Awesome! Glad that got it fixed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum