Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

This has NOTHING to do with Joomla – but everyone is welcome.

This requires knowledge about HTML and pretty much anything else that is necessary, as I am about to explain.

My friend needs to create an archive for his site: http://www.kavemanclothing.com

If you click on it – you’ll see just how loooooooooooooong it is.

He used Adobe/Macromedia Flash (?) to create the site – so he can combine it with regular HTML tools – but does anybody know how to do this – or of ANY tools which he can use to do it for him?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. The fool wouldn’t allow me to change it to a Joomla site as “the rest of the team wouldn’t get it”.

Thanks you bunch of lovely people!

nefar Friend

What is he trying to archive that front page with the pictures/video/text? I normally would say parse all the data/images out into a DB but considering it’s just one ungodly long main page (still loading after 2 minutes lol) I don’t think that method would work. Without any programming knowledge on his part I think if wishes to continue he need some type of CMS or a WP blog backend. If he refuses that not really sure what he could do that would be “easy” or any tools he could use.

He could try a stand alone picture gallery and re-upload all the content he wants to archive and that would give him a cleaner layout for it. However, it’s still going to take some work on his “teams” part in order to move the content over and categorize it.

simonturner Friend

Yeah I’m not really sure what to suggest here either. What exactly do you mean by Archive, backup and restore somewhere else? Can’t he just do this by FTP’ing into the web server?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  simonturner 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum