Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have added an Archives link to the main menu and the read more link says ‘Register to read more…’ however it does allow anyone to read them. We do want everyone to have access without having to register. Where do I edit this so it only says ‘Read more…’?

View at: http://www.gaama.org/index.php/archives

Thanks,
    Linda

khoand Friend

Could you give me username+password of your backend? I will help you.

lindaatl Friend

Thank you for helping me with this. I have sent you a PM.

Linda

Phill Moderator

You should not need to edit any files here. The register to read more suggests that your articles are in a group or category that is only visible to registered users. If you put those into the public group then the text would change on its own.

lindaatl Friend

That is what is so confusing. Both the article and the menu item is set as Public access…

Linda

Phill Moderator

Have you checked the category level? If they are in a category that is set to registered that could be the problem.

Check that and if that does not work I am sure Khoand will come back to you with an answer.

lindaatl Friend

The original category was GAAMA News before the article was archived, which is does show in the details, and that category is also set as Public access. Is there somewhere to administer archived article settings? I haven’t found a config section for archives at all. I can’t even find a place to turn on auto-archive.

Linda

khoand Friend

We do want everyone to have access without having to register. Where do I edit this so it only says ‘Read more…’?

You find the code from /languages/your-language/your-language.com_content.ini

COM_CONTENT_REGISTER_TO_READ_MORE="Register to read more..."

Change the bold text

I haven’t found a config section for archives at all. I can’t even find a place to turn on auto-archive.

You login backend > Content > Article manager > choose -Select status- is Archived

lindaatl Friend

Thank you, that worked. But is it odd that there isn’t a setting that allows you to specify if an archived article requires registration to read more or not? Having made the change I did, now that requirement cannot be an option at all. Does Joomla just assume that archived articles are supposed to be protected?

khoand Friend

But is it odd that there isn’t a setting that allows you to specify if an archived article requires registration to read more or not? Having made the change I did, now that requirement cannot be an option at all

You’re right. When you change the code as I gave you, website always show archived articles is “Read more…”

Does Joomla just assume that archived articles are supposed to be protected?

Yes, it does.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  khoand 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum