Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I would like to apply the Event template to one of my menu items. However, when I do so, the texts on the page become almost unreadable as they are black fonts on a non-scrolling image background. Is it possible to keep the text areas background non-transparent (or white), so the texts are readable?

Thanks.

PS – The site is still on localhost so can’t provide the backend info. 🙁

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can sort out at your end with the user guide here

ssinha Friend

Thanks Ninja, I followed the instructions but still cannot get rid of the transparency. Text is not readable. Any other idea?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@ssinha 466187 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Ninja, I followed the instructions but still cannot get rid of the transparency. Text is not readable. Any other idea?</blockquote>

I’d like to duplicate that issue as you mentioned above, please take me screenshot and describe on that. It would help to understand the problem on your site, I will help you out.

ssinha Friend

@ninja Lead – Duplicating is very easy. Create a new category/blog menu in the Top Navigation and apply Event template. You will notice that all contents become transparent making the text impossible to read. Attaching a screenshot.

Thanks.

1. event_bg
    Ninja Lead Moderator

My solution will help you out

+ Add events-page css style into Page Class, see the screenshot

+ Open templates/ja_teline_v/css/custom.css file (create new if it is not exist) and add new rule

.events-page #t3-mainbody {
    background: #fff ;
    }

1. Screen-Shot-2015-04-01-at-14.54.40
    ssinha Friend

Hi Ninja, thank you so very much. Your solution worked like a charm.

There is just one little problem though. Hope you could help me with this.

After making the change as suggested by you, the category/blog page (based on Event template) opens fine and well-laid out as it should be. But when you click on an article, the headline and texts are all the way to the left and right margin. In other words, there is no white space on left or right side of the margin. Is it possible to have like 10 or 15 padding on each side?

Thanks again.

1. margin
    Ninja Lead Moderator

I could not get the bug at my end, if you can put your site to LIVE and give me the URL to see it, I will check directly on your site and suggest the solution for you.

ssinha Friend

Ninja, I have put the site on a live server so you can see it now. The site is offline by default and you’d need a login name and password to access it. Please let me know if you want me to PM it to you. Thanks.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yes, you can pm me URL of your site and admin login. I will help you to check it further.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yes, you can pm me URL of your site and admin login. I will help you to check it further.

ssinha Friend

Did send you the backend info through PM. Hope you got it. Thanks.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@ssinha 470418 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did send you the backend info through PM. Hope you got it. Thanks.</blockquote>

I received your pm but I could not find the problem on your site. Which area are you referring to on your site?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@ssinha 470418 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did send you the backend info through PM. Hope you got it. Thanks.</blockquote>

I received your pm but I could not find the problem on your site. Which area are you referring to on your site?

ssinha Friend

On the Top Menu, click on Entertainment. The blog page would open. Here everything looks fine except I would like a sidebar so the page is not stretched from edge to edge.

Now click on any article. When the full article opens, you will notice that there is no left or right margin (as shown in the picture attached by me earlier in this thread). If we could add 20-25 pixels on each side, the site would look much better. Here also I would like to be able to see sidebars to make it easy to read.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ssinha 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum