Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

So before anyone gets upset with me, let me just say that I am only trying my luck here. I know that JoomlArt offers no support for Virtuemart, and I am fully aware that Virtuemart has its own support forum. But let me explain.

I have installed the this template and set up Virtuemart. Now, every time I do something in the Joomla backend –> Virtuemart administrator, it logs me out. So, for example, I add a product category, and then when I want to do something else, I have to log back in. This is extremely irritating, since it will take forever to set everything up. Can you imagine having to log in again every single time you’ve added a new product, or category, or shipping method. It doesn’t matter what it is: The moment I do something in the Virtuemart administrator panel I get logged out.

Now, I have searched Virtuemart’s forum, and there seem to be two solutions: (1) Make sure Joomla is configured to http://www.mydomain.com/ and not just http://mydomain.com/, and (2) Make sure that you’re not logged in twice with the same Super Administrator account. I have tried both of these solutions, to no avail. I was just wondering if anyone here had experienced this problem and sorted it out? The guys on the Virtuemart forum seem to give the same solution over and over, and it really seems to be quite a common problem.

bcalder Friend

By the sounds of it you are using Joomla 1.0.13?

The following forum item on the virtuemart forum describes the issue and the fix:
    http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=257&Itemid=57

The reason for this issue is:
    * J! 1.0.13 uses a different method to encrypt passwords that the Joomla! version before the core login function parameter declaration/types were changed

You need to upgrade the files that use the password to ensure you’re using the correct parameters.

I hope this resolves your issue.

schase Friend

I installed the 1.013 patch even before I started using the Virtuemart administration panel.

ncrc Friend

If by any chance do you have Netowrk Solutions as a host or similiar? I had a problem with VirtueMart backend and main site backend loggin me out if I did anything! If so you need to make sure you have your cookie save path set right, I was having similiar issues with my host, here’s my additions in

includes/joomla.php on line 12 (in red)

// no direct access
    defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Restricted access' );
    define( '_MOS_MAMBO_INCLUDED', 1 );

session_save_path("/data/tmp");

‘/data/tmp’ was given to me by Network Solutions support! Hope this helps!

schase Friend

Nope, tried that, but still no luck. You think it could be a host thing? I have another site running with a different host; maybe I should install this template, with Virtuemart, in a subdirectory on the other site and test it there?

bcalder Friend

What version of Joomla/Virtuemart are you using?

I’ve only seen this problem with the issue mentioned above.

Otherwise have you tried another browser i.e. firefox and ie? Could be the way your browser is handling the cookies.

schase Friend

Does the same thing in Firefox, Opera and IE. I’m using Virtuemart 1.012 (with hotfix for Joomla! 1.013) and Joomla 1.0.13.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  schase 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum