Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Is anyone using a cart with the AvianII template …. I’m going round in circles … and there’s no solution in sight…

Started looking at other galleries to replace RSGallery2 becase of the bugs and advice it wasn’t that great for photo sales …… and I’ve hits some roadblocks … getting told by developers that integrating another gallery into the AvianII template and then a cart is not worth the effort.

should I go back to RSGallery2? does it work yet …. looks like a lot of bugs are getting resolved through some good community forum effort ….. if someone else is using ….

JA AvianII, RSGallery2 and Virtuemart … I would be very greatful for any info on your experiences.

many thanks don

p.s. 4 months ago I got told “why r u mucking around learning dreamweaver? … use Joomla there’s heaps of templates free plugins …. it just works so easy” …… ha ha ha … my experience has been somewhat different … or maybe Joomlart’s problem template soured my experience?

Sherlock Friend

Do you have any successful ?

lovelife Friend

no responses from anyone so far …. I have engaged a developer to configure Virtuemart & paypal … regards don

iedwards Friend

Hi,

I’m using Avian II with RSGallery and Virtuemart, although I’m using Virtuemart to sell photography related products, not the photos in the gallery. Site is still in development so I can’t report success yet, there are snags but nothing insurmountable so far.

As a general comment, if you are doing web development of any kind you need to be able to hack code, ideally html, PHP and CSS in the case of Joomla. You also need to be able to use image manipulating tools such as Fireworks or Photoshop. Sure you can put functional sites together with Joomla without using any coding but if you want solid integration of third party components the ability to tinker is invaluable – so learning Dreanweaver is not a waste of time! Whatever you do it’s a learning curve, but I’d rather be using Joomla than coding everything from scratch!

One last tip is to setup the quick start packages provided by Joomlart on a test server (you need a webserver and mysql setup, I use WAMP, then just unzip the quick start package at the web server root and go to site/adminitrator) then if you get stuck you can get into the admin and see how the demo site is set up.

Good luck with it.

Ian

Sherlock Friend

hi. can you send your url ?

iedwards Friend

My site is http://www.photography-backgrounds.co.uk

I don’t have Virtuemart fully configured yet so it’s still work in progress.

I have hit some problems with the JA_Semantec RSGallery template

When you go to gallery and select slideshow under the Gallery title slideshow opens but with no images. Click the gallery title to go into the gallery and select slideshow and slideshow works ok.

Clicking on any of the options on the gallery menu Latest | Popular | Most voted gives error message below

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/photography-backgrounds.co.uk/httpdocs/components/com_rsgallery2/templates/ja_semantic/html/thumbs_float.php on line 9

But once inside the gallery these sort functions work ok

It seems these are both symptoms of the same problem in that at the Gallery level the id of the gallery isn’t being passed properly – just a guess. I can get round it by using the default RSGallery semantec template but this doesn’t give me the sort options.

Also: I have read in various threads that you have posted fixes to some of these problems – that’s great, but these fixes are scattered through the forum and it is very difficult to tell what fixes what. It would be good to have these in the downloads section clearly anotated so that we can see where the latest patches are and what they are designed to fix.

julesdxb Friend

hi guys, have you linked rsgallery2 to virtuemart? do you know if this is possible? for an example can you change the image gallery from rsgallery2 to virtuemart? i am sure this must be possible.

mangoman Friend

I have the same problem as iedwards:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxx/public_html/components/com_rsgallery2/templates/ja_semantic/html/thumbs_float.php on line 9

…and I cannot find a solution, can you? Thanks for posting solutions, nguoiabcd.

John

notjustcane Friend

I’m using Avian ll and virtuemart – just in the process of setting it up – dont think it’ll be ready for ages though its taking me a while to figure it all out! feel free to ask me anything relating to the integration of this template and component and i’ll try to help but as you can see from my temp site i’m no expert!
    if you have any helpful suggestions for me feel free to pm me 😀

lovelife Friend

hi adele, very interested in any progress u make … I engaged a freelancer and after mucking around for a while … he said there’s no module to do the integration between RSGAllery2 and any cart solution … so its too hard ….

I have temporarily cut back on that function and I’ll go live with my site using a manual payment process … soon. in phase 2 …. I will get someone to do the virtuemart integration …. and I’m also prepared to pay for access to someones solution.

cheers don

iedwards Friend

Hi Don / Adele, possible approach you could try.

Setup RSgallery to use the same original images folder as Virtuemart (in RSGallery configuration)

Upload your images to RSGallery

Use CVS Import in Virtuemart to upload your product list – this way you can associate the actual path and filename to your images to be the shared RSGallery / Virtuemart images folder. There is a bit of a learning curve with CSV import but it’s worth the effort.

Go back to RSGallery images and for each image set the link property to point to the item in the shop.

I haven’t tried this but it would be the approach I would take if I was trying to do what you are. It should be manageable for a relatively small number of images.

Good luck

Ian

lovelife Friend

many thanks for the suggestion Ian … as soon as I get my site up I’ll try it in dev … if the concept works then I’ll try and get a developer to code a solution to automate the manual steps you have described … I will have 0000’s of images so needs to be streamlined.

I’l let u know how I get on ….. cheers don

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  lovelife 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum