Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

I’m trying to change background color of my installation as per this thread

As I tried to do this, I discovered that you need to repaint the GIF images included in the template otherwise htings like corners and some other elements will remain in the original color.

Did anybody repainted those elements and would be willing to share?
    My preference would be black, but I’m also curious to see if any other color is available.

thanks a lot,
    Paolo

roderick1 Friend

Yes i know what you need to do.
    In your template folder go to a folder called: ja_menus, there you find the folders:
    ja_cssmenu
    ja_moomenu
    ja_splitmenu

You need to change the css files in these folders to be able to change the color of the buttons show in the upper menu.

Good luck 🙂

pmaraziti Friend

Hi, thank you, but I don’t want to change color of the upper menus, but the background og the main section (e.g. where the BODY is)

roderick1 Friend

Ok,

Line 572 of the template.css file.
    /* COLLAPSIBLE LAYOUT
    ——————————————————— */
    #ja-containerwrap,
    #ja-containerwrap-f,
    #ja-containerwrap-c {
    clear: both;
    background: #333333;
    padding-bottom: 30px;

And here:
    Line 968 background: #333333;

pmaraziti Friend

Thank you, but I tried that. If you change that settings, some elements like the corners of the module and body boxes will still remain of the original background, this is apparently due to the fact that for those elements some .gif file in the template are used. What I’m really asking if here anybody recolored those elements, possibly in black. With changing only the background settings in the CSS files, the quality of the modification is poor.

roderick1 Friend

Yes you need to change all the gif in the image folder, a lot of work to be done 🙁

pmaraziti Friend

Yep, it looks huge work….

Hilary Cheyne Friend

There is a great tutorial here for rounded corners and the .psd files are a free download:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=357

hth Hils

nilay Friend

<em>@pmaraziti 76654 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yep, it looks huge work….</blockquote>
    I had to do it.

It can’t be done with the psd files supplied, and Joomlart cannot supply the original source files (they only have the psd’s which are not good enough), so I had to recreate them all of them myself – not only the corners, but also all the icons etc.

I’ve done them in Fireworks and saved them with all layers intact and it’s easy to change the colours, so if anyone needs them, pm me.

Nilay

jsliao Friend

we should not be giving support to unlicensed members? maybe the mods might want to look into this

edit: just found out this thread was last active in aug 08. maybe the threadstarter’s membership has expired.

bennitos Friend

This Thread is standing in a place that can only be seen by members.

The thread was started by members but their subcribtion ended wich means the cant see it anymore.

So if anyone wants to share files this would be the perfect place, so if anyone wants them send nilay a pm 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bennitos 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum