Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Checked the JA Blog and see it’s not very up to date, last post weeks ago and nothing much of interest for me.
    While I know JA doesn’t generally give a lot away re: upcoming templates, some news on where we are going with designs, such as . . . will it be minimalist, artistic etc. would be nice. As discussed recently, with VirtueMart being slowly updated and forum software or social stuff like JomSocial not really being written for J.1.6 atm, I guess JA hasn’t too many options for J.1.6 templates (which is my focus).

Still if JA thought of using this interim period to develop and produce J.1.6 extensions for use in their templates (free from JAEC membership) things could improve. JA could produce their own audio player to embed mp3s in an article using a graphical link, create their own version of Phocadownload and Docman?

Food for thought guys.
    Shane

wombat1 Friend

Jomsocial 2.2 for Joomla 1.6 is available already (as of yesterday actually). You could install Joomla 1.6 and use any of JA 1.6 templates (there are a bundle already) with Jomsocial right now.

Last word from the creators is that K2 will present a 1.6 version this month also.

I am also very interested in using Joomla 1.6 as well, since the category, language and ACL features are ones that i appreciate but i would say that you may have to wait until probably next month at least to see styling support for 1.6 version of Jomsocial in any template.

It is not true that JA that has few options for Joomla 1.6 yet. Until the makers of third party add ons update there is not much JA can do about it, You will find they JA themselves have updated most of their extensions for 1.6 and a large number of templates also. I am not one to wax lyrical about any purveyor but credit where its due, JA have definitely been one of the fastest to react.

In any case it would be safe to assume you can look forward to templates with Jomsocial styling for 1.6 from most of the major players within the next two months and if someone doesnt miss his own deadline again, the same could pretty much be said for K2 as well.

We all are wondering about the inactivity in JA blog and impatiently waiting this months template, but even so, i would think that with Jomsocial already available for 1.6, the next few months will see a flurry of 1.6 templates with jomsocial styling, and as for K2, well, fingers crossed eh? 😉

By the way. Whether you use 1.5 or 1.6 dont forget to update to the latest version since they have both been recently updated due to security issues.

Cheers!

tfosnom Friend

Cheers Wombat1 didn’t know of the release of JS 2.2 yesterday, that will allow me to start thinking of a use for the J. 1.6 templates when they have some form of styling done to suit JomSocial. Don’t know why anyone wants K2 given the changes to J.1.6 almost make it redundant? (so I’ve ben told)

While as a member of the JAEC I know of the recent updates, my point was, I feel that JA should be doing a lot more in the extension development area – given their unique position as a template developer which allows them a purpose built product to integrate their own branded purpose designed extensions with.
    Shane

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum