Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am using the JA Wall and was wondering if you plan to release any new styles under this theme.

I am also surprised this theme does not support multi level top menus!
    For example if I have a menu like this

About
    > About Us
    >>>> History
    >>>> Board of Directors
    >>>> Management Style
    >>>> Past Presidents
    > Mission
    > Vision

Given the above menu on mainnav completely breaks the menu and I have to disable show only up to level 1.

I hope this is fixed at the earliest.

Also ability to increase logo size. Current logo area is really very small. Even mobile devices can accomodate logo size of up to 320 px. Given your logo area we can hardly accomodate an icon in it. For a responsive theme I have yet to see such a small logo area. I would expect that you provide a good tutorial on how to increase logo width and height (because the height is dependent on the menu).

Finally, for the styles, how can we create a custom theme of our own because currently the index.php is in an outside folder and for each style only the css is called. It would be great if we could create a custom theme with index.php inside the theme file.

Thanks

Sherlock Friend

Hi prbalge,

<blockquote>I am using the JA Wall and was wondering if you plan to release any new styles under this theme.</blockquote>
    We are considering on this. If this happens, you guys will be the first one to know.

<blockquote> I am also surprised this theme does not support multi level top menus!
    For example if I have a menu like this

About
    > About Us
    >>>> History
    >>>> Board of Directors
    >>>> Management Style
    >>>> Past Presidents
    > Mission
    > Vision

Given the above menu on mainnav completely breaks the menu and I have to disable show only up to level 1</blockquote>

You can open the file of templatesja_wallcssnavigation.css and adding this below css that I think would help
    #mainnav .menu > li.deeper:hover ul ul {
    left:-999em;
    }
    #mainnav .menu > li.deeper:hover ul li.deeper:hover ul {
    left:100%;
    margin-top:-30px;
    }

<blockquote>Also ability to increase logo size. Current logo area is really very small. Even mobile devices can accomodate logo size of up to 320 px. Given your logo area we can hardly accomodate an icon in it. For a responsive theme I have yet to see such a small logo area. I would expect that you provide a good tutorial on how to increase logo width and height (because the height is dependent on the menu).</blockquote>
    I think you should not modify the size of the logo that would affect the view of mainnav and slidebar menu sections

<blockquote>Finally, for the styles, how can we create a custom theme of our own because currently the index.php is in an outside folder and for each style only the css is called. It would be great if we could create a custom theme with index.php inside the theme file.</blockquote>
    you can follow this guide to know how to create new styles by yourself

prakash Friend

Thank you for your answers. Thank you for the navigation fix. Will also look at the guide to create new styles.

With regards the suggestion for logo size – thats what I am also suggesting – why have such a small logo in the first place? Atleast have one style with a bigger logo size so that we could then customize based on our requirement or provide a guide on how we can increase the logo size. Currently it breaks down the navigation / sidebar as soon as we increase logo area. I am sure most of the fellow users will also agree that the current logo size is so small – its more like an icon holder rather than logo area. Responsive themes does not mean having such small logo sizes. Logo sizes up to 320px can be accommodated easily in responsive themes.
    I hope a guide in this regard is provided.

Also one more issue I note in 1.0.3 Template Theme > Color Block > if you select this and link to an article single via menu > the background is missing from the article. On your website I see a white background which is missing in the downloaded theme. Kindly check.

Finally, would like to suggest that a paid theme should have much more functionality and have more configuration options. Right now I feel that I could have taken a free responsive theme available elsewhere and customized it to my requirements.

Sherlock Friend

Okay prbalge, you can follow those steps to change tho logo area size
    1) Change the height
    The default height is currently 40px, For example now you want it to be 80px you can make follow changes
    Open the file of templates/ja_wall/css/template.css you look for this css

.logo-image, .logo-text {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #669900
    border-bottom: 5px solid #84B12A
    float: left;
    height: 40px;
    position: relative;
    text-align: center;
    width: 120px;
    z-index: 1000;
    }

Here you change the value of 40px at height:40px to 80px

Also on that file you look for this css

#header {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #333333
    border-bottom: 10px solid #E5E5E5
    color: #CCCCCC
    height: 45px;
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 999;
    }

Here you plus 40px to height:45px so change it to height:85px
    Then on the same file you look for this css

#header .wrap-inner {
    background: url(“../images/wash-white-10.png”) repeat-x scroll center bottom transparent;
    }

Change it to

#header .wrap-inner {
    background: url(“../images/wash-white-10.png”) repeat-x scroll center bottom transparent;
    width:85px;
    }

Then you open the file of templates/ja_wall/css/navigation.css look for this css
    #mainnav .menu > li > a {
    -moz-transition: background-color 0.5s ease 0s, color 0.2s linear 0s;
    border-bottom: 5px solid transparent;
    color: #BBBBBB
    display: block;
    height: 40px;
    line-height: 45px;
    padding: 0 20px;
    text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.7);
    }

Here again plus 40 to the value of height:40px so change it to height:80px
    Finally you open the above file of templates/ja_wall/css/template.css look for both these css rules
    body.gridview #mainbody {
    body.gridview #mainbody {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    border: 0 none;
    border-radius: 0 0 0 0;
    box-shadow: none;
    margin: 0 0 30px;
    }
    and

#sidebar {
    color: #999999
    font-size: 92%;
    text-align: right;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #FFFFFF
    }

And you add to both those rules the attribute of margin-top:40px

2) Change the width
    This would be simpler, in the above css rule for logo size that is

.logo-image, .logo-text {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #669900
    border-bottom: 5px solid #84B12A
    height: 80px;
    position: relative;
    text-align: center;
    width: 120px;
    z-index: 1000;
    }

You can see the default width is 120px, you can increse the width value here, for example change it to 150px
    Now you open the file of templates/ja_wall/css/navigation.css look for this css
    #mainnav {
    left: 120px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    width: 100%;
    }
    Here you change the defined of left: 120px; to left: 150px;

That’s all for changing the logo sizes

<blockquote> Also one more issue I note in 1.0.3 Template Theme > Color Block > if you select this and link to an article single via menu > the background is missing from the article. On your website I see a white background which is missing in the downloaded theme. Kindly check.</blockquote>

I took a look but not sure what’s the mentioned background Could you please explain more details ?

freddy Friend

After following the instruction here to change the width of the side bar and logo, I noticed that the arrows for the top menu on tablet template loses the let arrow when scrolling… how can the arrows be set to sit at the end of the new logo width?

Sherlock Friend

<em>@freddy 333791 wrote:</em><blockquote>After following the instruction here to change the width of the side bar and logo, I noticed that the arrows for the top menu on tablet template loses the let arrow when scrolling… how can the arrows be set to sit at the end of the new logo width?</blockquote>

Can you share with me here the url where the issue is seen ? also if possible pm me the admin account, the FTP info for further checking.

Honzazi Friend

Hi Sherlock 😉

thanks for the fix regarding the navigation.
    Just a question, any change there could be a submenu behaving in the same way as the main menu?
    I mean, let’s say for example you have normal menu

Something (main menu item/button)
    –1 xxxx ( 1st submenu item)
    –2 yyyy ( 2nd submenu item)
    –3 zzzz ( 3rd submenu item)

But I need to have the 1 xxxx | 2 yyyy | 3 zzzz on the line… so it will look

Something
    1 xxxx | 2 yyyy | 3 zzzz (it will be visible when I’m on the Something page / it should also move/roll like the top menu on smaller screans)

Your help will be very much appreciated 🙂
    Thanks
    Regards

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Honzazi,

I am not sure that Joomla provide a way to show menu item on specific page.
    You can put your module into a module and then try to add to a custom module position near the main menu.
    Then you can show/hide this module.

For the scroll behavior, I am afraid that will be much customize and it is out of support scope.
    Please hire a developer to help you at http://www.joomlancers.com/

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum