Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone~

I like the JA Business template but not its color theme at all…. Does anyone know how to change it’s color for different parts? Like the bg color for USER 4-10 & bg color of JA MENU, and even the color for the HEADER instead of default blue, red, rainbow?

Also, I have another question for changing the bg pattern in HEADER? What I need is just a clean and white theme with some other light color… :((

Many thanks!!!

joev Friend

I have the same question. Colors are terrible, especially the brown and tan sidebars. It’s not simple CSS changes as some of the colors are actually images. I don’t see image slices in the PSD files either, so this could be very time consuming to change out the image colors.

vanillapanda Friend

<em>@joev 221430 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the same question. Colors are terrible, especially the brown and tan sidebars. It’s not simple CSS changes as some of the colors are actually images. I don’t see image slices in the PSD files either, so this could be very time consuming to change out the image colors.</blockquote>

I was able to edit the image files found at /templates/ja_business/images/
    You need to edit the following images:
    header-bg-layer1.jpg
    header-bg-layer2.jpg
    I just use photoshop and color overlay the images.

Hope that helps.

roninhockley Friend

Get the developer add-on for Firefox and it will tell you which images to change. I’ve been doin it all day. Cuz yea the colors were obviously taken right out of the toilet after spring break.

Phill Moderator

As suggested, use Firebug to find the bits you would like to change. Some parts are images while others are simple css. If you get stuck on any individual item just ask and we will try and help.

wcbenyip Friend

Hi vanillapanda,

Thanks for your great help~ It gives me a hint as a starting point to change the theme color! Thanks~

Hi roninhockley & phill luckhurst,

Yup… I installed the firebug in my firefox, and also tried to find out the “get in” point to change the color for the pieces of the area. However, I am not that easy to find out the door…. especially the part of :

– background color of menu (white line)
    – the ja-container part… including the ________|—————-|________ shape and the grey pattern inside
    – the bottom part… including the —|__________|——— shape and grey color…
    – the black color in position user 4-10

…anyone can guide me with clear starting point like modify which file and section? :((

Many thanks!!

wcbenyip Friend

Indeed, it needs lot of modification to change the theme color….. :(( so it would be better if Joomlart can make some clean / white theme for the templates…. does anyone in Joomlart heard the voice of the people here? Lots of people expressed the opinion and request, but no any response so far…. seems someone just told us the standard speech… something like there is no one theme/template can fit for most of people… but the point is, only few of people like the theme from Joomlart!!!! If don’t believe us, then JA should make a poll to allow the customers vote for it whether they are satisfy with the template color~

Ninja Lead Moderator

dear webenyip,

You can change theme by choosing profile in template admin, about your inquiries:
    – background color of menu (white line)
    open template.css, find and change these rules:
    #ja-header
    #ja-header .wrap-inner1
    #ja-header .wrap-inner2
    – the ja-container part… including the ________|—————-|________ shape and the grey pattern inside
    change: #ja-slideshow
    – the black color in position user 4-10
    change #ja-botsl1
    – the bottom part… including the —|__________|——— shape and grey color…
    change #ja-container .wrap-inner1

wcbenyip Friend

Hi hungnd,

Thanks for your rapid reply!!

I am trying now… but, should I copy the related lines to the template.css for a custom local profile or just directly change the core template.css? (I afraid the later upgrade of JA Business template, would overwrite what I changed) Which way is better and recommended? Also, I found some part taking effective (checking with firebug) by the template.css under /plugin/system/jat3/base-themes/default/css even I use my cloned profile+theme+layout… does the JA template will use the template.css in two location?

Thanks!!

roundamerica Friend

Why in the world isn’t there a simple place to go and simply clickn to change to red?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@roundamerica 224802 wrote:</em><blockquote>Why in the world isn’t there a simple place to go and simply clickn to change to red?</blockquote>

jat3 has such feature, you can add themes in profile section.

<blockquote> does the JA template will use the template.css in two location?</blockquote>
    yes it does.

<blockquote>should I copy the related lines to the template.css for a custom local profile or just directly change the core template.css?</blockquote>
    you can modify directly on template.css and has a changes.txt file besides to note which css file you have changed and whats has been changed, then re-apply if you upgrade the template.
    Its best to create a new theme in your current profile, then you dont have to re-touch such css files.

wcbenyip Friend

Hi hungnd,

I tried your advise… but still cannot found the area to change color for the mega menu…. and such color changing works are REALLY time-consuming and lots of pieces job…. again, does JA heard our complaint? And would friendly to issue few white or light color theme for the JA Business template? It’s true that not so much corporate or personal website will fit for using such black/gray style….

Please, please, please hear what the people expressed here! Then get back the comments/feedback to the management/design team, thanks! :((

BTW, may I know that how to change the height pixel for the slideshow or other position? Thanks!

Ninja Lead Moderator

thanks you, we always listen to your feedback to make our template better day by day..
    But every template of ja comes with its own idea, but we can not redesign for a specific request, maybe we will do that in another template, please understand.
    regarding you height issue, with slideshow you can change in module manager (the height field). Otherwise if the module does not have the option to change its height, we have to modify the css style appied to it.

wcbenyip Friend

Dear hungnd,

Thanks for your reply and as a customer we do appreciate the hard working of JA, and hoping that JA really listen to the customers’ feedback. Actually, we gave lots of the opinion and shown our dislike of the color theme for JA Business (and most other template as well). For a top point of view, more color theme (eg. light scheme and dark scheme covering key theme with blue, green, yellow, purple, red, white, black, grey.. .or even let the customer to define a color) is definitely good for expand the customer base and let the customers happy as such approach can good/fit for MOST of the people with different aspect. Indeed, do you think a dark/grey design scheme is good/fit for the business or most of the people or website purpose? I don’t think so.

More opening to collect the customers opinion is good for a club, just like the other template club like the joomlapraise I joined before… they will let the customers to give out the design idea for template and collecting their opinion, and then make 2 template photoype per month with opening vote for their customers~ They will go ahead to design the most voted template for the coming month, it’s a very good “market/customer oriented approach”, isn’t it? :laugh:

Ninja Lead Moderator

Thanks wcbenyip, your ideas are helpful, we will think about them, and hope we can create templates that satisfy more customers in the time to come. Thanks again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum