Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone! First I really love this framework and the possibilities it allows a graphic designer such as myself with little coding needed (thank heavens!)

So my problem is:

When I am in the Template Manager editing the style when I hit “Save” (in the top right hand corner) I get across the bar at the top…

An error has occured when saving Global Settings.. (on the left hand side) and Successfully saved data!(on the right hand side)

Then none of my changes are made. Now if I change something like the template things that save as you go it saves fine but if it’s something like a radial selection then I get errors. I tried searching around the forums and I also tried searching google and was not able to find anything. I really hope someone can either give me an answer or point me in the right direction.

justproud2b Friend

I fixed the issue myself. I guess using the quick start messed things up I removed the template and reinstalled it manually and it’s now working.

smitheringale2 Friend

I’m having this problem now – and I want to use the quickstart – can anyone help please?

<em>@justproud2b 266404 wrote:</em><blockquote>I fixed the issue myself. I guess using the quick start messed things up I removed the template and reinstalled it manually and it’s now working.</blockquote>

nowtejas Friend

<em>@smitheringale2 278887 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m having this problem now – and I want to use the quickstart – can anyone help please?</blockquote>

I started having this problem when I moved my joomla site and DB to another server, and I figured out that the issue was because of the file permission and the changes to the profiles couldn’t be written to the file.

I changed the Permission to 755 for entire site, and user:group to www-data:www-data and that solved the “not saving error” and everything started working fine again…

kimmy Friend

<em>@nowtejas 284359 wrote:</em><blockquote>I started having this problem when I moved my joomla site and DB to another server, and I figured out that the issue was because of the file permission and the changes to the profiles couldn’t be written to the file.

I changed the Permission to 755 for entire site, and user:group to www-data:www-data and that solved the “not saving error” and everything started working fine again…</blockquote>

hi there, can you explain more?
    I have this issue too and I don’t quite understand how you relive it by set “www-data…”?

Or any other expert can advice more?

thanks

Sherlock Friend

Hi kimmy,

There are many causes for that specific problem, Have you try to change the chmod value (or the permission as mentioned) to 755 ? I Think you could also ask the hosting manager for a assistance if possible 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum