Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Two instructions that each make sense by themselves seem to be in conflict with each others. First, we are encouraged by the JA Amazon S3 Options Global Settings to not exceed a profile path depth of 2. Second, we are encouraged in another post to make just one bucket, beginning at the site root, that will contain all the css, js, jpg, pdf, etc. files.

Are these two inconsistent, or, am I just not understanding one or both of them? It seems like a bucket for the whole site would have to accommodate path levels of 5, 6, 7, or 8 path depth?

Thank you for your help.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello mate,

Please read our guide (section “Add new profile”), you will know meaning of “profile path depth” option.
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-amazon-s3-for-joomla-2-5-user-guide/

It’s used to define the deep level of path that you can select when creating a profile (We must add this option since we can list all sub folders in that box because it can be very many)

I know, you think that it define a maximum deep level of path that their files will be replaced.

I’m sorry if our guide make you feel confused.

PS: now, the files of all sub folder will be replace (unlimited deep level), but you can disable a files or sub folders that you dont want to replace.

Best regards,
    ThanhNV

kevin147890 Friend

Thank you – that definitely answers my question.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kevin147890 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum