Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

while customizing my site to always load the minified version of the javascript files i noticed that .js files are well joined but site is still loading the uncompressed version of the following files which are located at /media/system/js/
    mootools-core.js, mootools-more.js, modal.js…

In the Template options for Optimize JS ‘Join & Minify’ is selected.

Virtuemart JS and other JS files are all well minified.

where should i make the changes to correct this?

anupam_sam Friend

If there are uncompressed version of JS files, the system loads them.
    so to solve this i.e. to load the minified javascript files i had to remove all uncompressed versions from that folder.

But i guess it should load according to the option selected for the “Optimize JS” in the JA template properties.

If its ‘No’ or ‘Join‘ load uncompressed versions & if ‘Join & Minified‘ load the minified versions.
    Thats what the purpose of that option right?

chavan Friend

Hi

If option is Join, all js files will be join into a file, it make browser loading faster than loading a lot of js files
    If it is join & minified, each file will be minified first before join js files into a file.

You should read this article to know more https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/best-practices/rtt#CombineExternalJS

Thanks,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum