Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

In every article you can set in tab Parameters (Advanced) an ‘alternative read more’:
    When I fill in a few words it doesn’t display on the frontend.

I think this a template issue, because when I set an another default template, the alternative read more is shown at the frontend.
    I also checked the image dir in the template; readmore is not a image, so it will generated by the CSS style (class=”readon) I think.

I use Joomla 1.5.8; the probem appears in IE 7.0 and Firefox both.

erwinderuiter Friend

Anybody?????

missyw Friend

Hi
    You said:<em>@erwinderuiter 93298 wrote:</em><blockquote>In every article you can set in tab Parameters (Advanced) an ‘alternative read more’:
    When I fill in a few words it doesn’t display on the frontend.

I think this a template issue, because when I set an another default template, the alternative read more is shown at the frontend.</blockquote>
    I am not aware that the alternative read more text can be shown in the front end on other templates. I wonder if there is a plugin that enables them to do this?

<em>@erwinderuiter 93298 wrote:</em><blockquote>In every article you can set in tab Parameters (Advanced) an ‘alternative read more’:
    When I fill in a few words it doesn’t display on the frontend.</blockquote>
    I have only created a couple of Joomla sites, but the only function of the ‘alternative read more’ seems to be to show the alternative text when you mouse over the ‘read more’ link.

There is a new plugin in Joomla extensions called Alternative Readmore Link. I have not yet tried it myself, but it sounds like it may do the job for you. Perhaps you can let us know if it works:)

ps5t0ck5 Friend

<em>@missyw 96845 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    You said:
    I am not aware that the alternative read more text can be shown in the front end on other templates. I wonder if there is a plugin that enables them to do this?

I have only created a couple of Joomla sites, but the only function of the ‘alternative read more’ seems to be to show the alternative text when you mouse over the ‘read more’ link.

There is a new plugin in Joomla extensions called Alternative Readmore Link. I have not yet tried it myself, but it sounds like it may do the job for you. Perhaps you can let us know if it works:)</blockquote>

I have the same problem, surely if there is a field where we can enter an alternative read more text this should change ‘read more’ to our alternative or am I misunderstanding the concept of alternative? Would be good if someone would explain this, I don’t really want to install another extension if the job should be done by an existing extension within the template itself!

ps5t0ck5 Friend

Anybody? Some help would really be appreciated…

Thanks

ignatiusack Friend

Hi Has anyone found an answer to this Alternative “Read More” text not working. It is clearly an problem with the joomlart templates, and as much as I love the look of the templates I will have to claim my money back, and move on, if these guys does not find a solution for us. This function is working on my site http://www.southerncircle.com, but that template is just not fast enough and thats why I ended up here. Every SEO manual tells you to change the “Read More” text to contain your keywords. This is a final attempt for the joomlart guys to give us a solution for this.

If you found the solution for this please share it with us.

Thank You

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ignatiusack 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum